TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I usually find that when I need to pull the plug on my TiVo, it's because the darn thing has frozen up. Again. That's a Humax for you! My S2DT doesn't seem to have that problem, and I can't think of one time I've had to force a reboot by unplugging it. If I feel the need to reboot the S2DT, it's because I'm messing about with the network or T2G and then I restart the TiVo, not unplug it to reboot.

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Dr_Diablo said:
Makes perfect sence to me... That is the way I'd shut the device down, rather than to just unplug it...

I wouldn't think of pulling the plug while my PC was operating, so why should it be any different with the Tivo, isn't it a mini-PC as well?
But what do you do if your PC freezes up?

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
jrm01 said:
Mine has always restarted from a freeze by holding down the power on/off button for 10-15 seconds. never had to pull the plug (many freezes).
That's what I do, too, but how is that different than pulling the plug? Does the pc have some sort of process it goes thru to protect the file integrity? I guess I don't understand how that really differs from pulling the plug. I pass up no opportunity to learn, however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.