Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Here is what i have and what i would loke to do

Westinghouse 47 Monitor
Tivo Series 2 Dual Tuner
Samsung DVD-AR650 DVD Recorder ATSC/QAM
Digital Cable Box

I want to conect all three to my monitor through the HDMI Cable what would be the best way to dasiy chain these together to get this result.

Thanks
Netflex

:eek:

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,052 Posts
You'll also have to tell us what you're hoping to use each device for.

Do you want the cable box feeding the TiVo or the other recorder?

Do you want to make DVDs off the cable box, or off the TiVo as well?

Too many variables.

Be more specific. (By the way....daisy chaining is likely NOT the way to go, but that's up to you.)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
First thing I would like to state is that you can only actually watch an actual HD show in HD by connecting your cable box directly to your TV.

Anything coming through your TiVo will be SD anything coming from your DVD burner will either be SD upscaled to HD (not really HD) or plain SD depending on the connections you use.

What kind of connections does your TV have? How many HDMI connections? are you will to get a second cable box?

Good Luck,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the end I don’t want to have to keep changing inputs I would like to just have everything go through the hdmi cable to my monitor. So I would be able to watch ota HD stations, sd stations from cable including premium channels, watch DVD’s via up converting all through the hdmi cable.

Here was my thought on the connection cable from wall to atsc/dvd recorder out of that to the cable box out of that to the tivo svideo out of the tivo to the atsc/dvd recorder and finally hdmi out from the atsc/dvd recorder to the monitor.

A. Do you think this will work?
B. Would there be a better way of doing it?

·
Just hangin'
12,629 Posts
No need to make duplicate threads. In fact it is against forum rules.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=359463

Not all devices allow pass thru of signal, especially HDMI.

You really need an AV receiver to do the switching for you.

If your TV has multiple inputs, what's so bad about switching inputs, or were you referring to physically switching them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the double post can i delete the other post some how?

physically switching them with remote i want to be able to watch tv and see the HD station as well as the SD stations with out having to switch between HDMI(DVD recorder / ATSC) and Svideo(tivo)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.