TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone else having problems with BBC iPlayer on V Tivo? Every time we try and use it, the program starts playing and invariable crashes the box which then automatically reboots.

Any help appreciated.

Jamie

·
Occasional visitor
20 Posts
Mostly works OK for me. I had in incident of it crashing the box when I tried to exit, and at one stage during a programme it seemed to be displaying the time bar completely wrong when I paused. But other than that it seems stable-ish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've not had it reboot, but it is very slow to search or browse for programmes.

It's also much louder than the rest of TiVo's output and loud sounds get distorted.

It's particularly annoying that it doesn't give you the same play/ff/rewind controls that you get for the rest of the TiVo, and that it's not integrated at all with the other catch-up on-demand stuff.

(S)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone else having problems with BBC iPlayer on V Tivo? Every time we try and use it, the program starts playing and invariable crashes the box which then automatically reboots.
I get the same thing. iPlayer is unusable. It will reboot 3/4 times while watching a 30 minute program. Luckily I have iPlayer integrated into my TV and a PS3 so I just don't bother with it on the Tivo any more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies,

Sounds like I'm not on my own with this. I've noticed the sound is much louder as well. I have to agree at the moment iPlayer is complete unusable at present. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

·
TiVoCentral.co.uk
2,599 Posts
Odd, iplayer is completely stable here, and surprisingly high quality - I watched the BBC2 part of the F1 race yesterday, and quality on iplayer was better than many SD channels...

But agreed with all the below:

It's also much louder than the rest of TiVo's output and loud sounds get distorted.

It's particularly annoying that it doesn't give you the same play/ff/rewind controls that you get for the rest of the TiVo, and that it's not integrated at all with the other catch-up on-demand stuff.
Some of that is not VM's fault - BBC trust forced the removal of iplayer content from catchup, and for use only in its iplayer app:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/news/press_releases/january/on_demand.shtml

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/04/07/bbc-iplayer-syndication-policy-begins-to-bite/

·
Registered
161 Posts
Although I've now got some programs showing in the guide with the catch-up logo against them, clicking on them still only takes me to the catch-up menu, where you've got to still search out the program you want. Hardly the revolutionary one-button access we were promised.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.