TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 371 Posts

· Tivo Addict
26 Posts
First time poster

DRobbins - As I remember in the OS, Caine was relieved of his command after disagreeing with Adama over sharing Pegasus fuelstores which the fleet desperately needed. As Apollo and company boarded the Pegasus to disperse the fuel, the cylons attacked. Caine was reinstated for his "tactical wizardry ". Adama and Caine later jointly attacked a Cylon city, gassed up the fleet. Pegasus headed to attack the 3 Cylon baseships head on, as Pegasus approached Baltar withdrew his basestar. As the Pegasus neared both basestars, Apollo & Starbuck eliminated their pulsars, clearing the way. Pegasus fired her " missiles " at both basestars. As the basestars exploded, Apollo and Starbuck lost sight of the Pegasus.

Later, Adama implies Caine survived, he just headed somewhere back out into deep space

Current BG - awesome - best show period -

· I am Groot!
58,945 Posts
Bierboy said:
I am in no way defending what they attempted to do, but remember, when Adama asked Cain how they could have gotten a fair trial, she said she took in to account several things including statements from the guards who were with the Cylon interrogator. And you KNOW they lied, so basically, it was "he said...she said" and we know how that goes with the Admiral.
Right, I'm just saying that the criminal acts of Admiral Ro's men, and her subsequent white-washing of them, give Adama a pretty strong legal excuse for taking action against her.

· Registered Snoozer
6,386 Posts
Skittles said:
The only real complaint, and it's fairly major, is the HORRIBLE music in some of the scenes. The two worst compositions were in the scene where Admiral Ro lands on Galactica in the Raptor, and when Gaius is in the cell with PegasusSix and is bringing her food. It was so horribly bad that it just ruined each of those two scenes for me.
Same here. I mostly noticed it in the scene with Ro and posse landing on Galactica. Some funky guitar new-agey mess. Ugh.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,413 Posts
Great episode. Even though I knew it was coming, I can't believe we have to wait until January to continue this.

As for all the assumptions that Pres. Roslyn would simply demote Caine or promote Adama over her, I've gotten the vibe from this series that their government doesn't really work like ours where the President is also the Commander in Chief. I think the civilians and the military are completely autonomous and neither has the authority to command the other. This is why there have been so many clashes between Adama and Roslyn, as they have tried to figure out how to co-exist in a relatively tight-knit community.

· Registered Snoozer
6,386 Posts
7thton said:
Did anyone notice that they didn't tell Cane anything about finding Kobol, the tomb of Athena, and the star map?
I think she knows. She read Adama's logs and by the look of them, there was a *ton* of content. She also made some comments, I forget specifics, implying she knew about Helo, the chief, etc. She probaby can't care any less about Kobol, finding Earth, arrows, and gods. She's a military gal and killing Cylons is the only thing that interests her.

· Registered
597 Posts
Adama's reaction of Caine seems to me that he know's a lot about her and it isn't good and he doesn't care for her. That Capt. Taylor dude is odd....... he repeated his name twice to Starbuck. When they first met up, it seemed they were both cold to one another.

The music is great and fitting! I guess people hate change! Remember all the bellyaching about Starbuck being a girl before the mini-series??

· Registered Snoozer
6,386 Posts
I don't mind 'change' at all. The music of this show is one of it's great things: very unique and distinctive score they usually use. But the new-agey guitar they used this week was just generically bland. Sounded like some leftover music from Joan of Arcadia.

· Premium Member
11,082 Posts
So this seems to be the first time Gaius talks about six/shelly out loud. Do you think what he was saying that she is just a figment is true because he did love her? They havent really explained what happened in the beginning when she protected him during the original attack.

· Banned
16,197 Posts
Who else noticed that the sandwich Gaius gave to 6(Gina) in the cell didn't have the corners cut off!!

I hate when the simplest things get missed in the continuity dept.. :p

· Just hangin'
12,631 Posts
Did or did not Starbuck take the Blackbird to do some recon? Just after the recon briefing, Apollo gave Starbuck a pack with recon equipment to do just that. And, there was mention in the launch bay about the Blackbird going out for a test. Or did I just dream all of that?

· Registered
17,728 Posts
DLL66 said:
That Capt. Taylor dude is odd....... he repeated his name twice to Starbuck.
That might have been a subtle snubbing. He introduced himself as Captain Taylor, Starbuck replied "Kyra Thrace", and Cpt Taylor restated "Captain Taylor". By repeating his military rank he is pointing out that Starbuck omitted hers, i.e. wasn't following military formalities.

JimSpence said:
Did or did not Starbuck take the Blackbird to do some recon? Just after the recon briefing, Apollo gave Starbuck a pack with recon equipment to do just that. And, there was mention in the launch bay about the Blackbird going out for a test. Or did I just dream all of that?
I remember all that. I assume that the "test flight" is just a cover story Starbuck gave the Chief as an excuse to borrow the Blackbird. After all how likely is it that just as Starbuck was going to borrow it Admiral Cane decided she needed to know just what it can do? ;)

· Registered
884 Posts
JimSpence said:
No, you didn't dream it. She is supposed to be tagging along with Apollo's raptor on the recon mission, very stealthily of course! :)

· Fine for real
5,505 Posts
The survivor number in the credits bumped up this week – to include the Pegasus crew, I suppose.

It seems to me one of the first thing they should have done was compare notes on identified Cylon models. Maybe Pegasus only knows about the 6-model but Galactica could has shown them a photo line-up and said if you have anyone who looks like this…

I don’t think the Pegasus pilots are lying about their “scorecards”. I believe they have really been fighting Cylons.

I can’t decide whether the story the Pegasus XO told to Tigh, about Cain shooting the previous XO, is true or not. I didn’t know what to believe; what made Tigh so certain it was true when he told Adama about it? I hope they review the Pegasus logs on the show, Cain’s criticisms of Galactica are all on point (unfortunately); but I would like to hear what in her logbooks!

Assuming what Cain says about the Cylon force following Galactica around is true, I think that lends weight to the idea that the Cylons are toying with Galactica, staying a step behind them to keep them on edge.

I didn’t notice the music the first time around but after reading the criticism of it I paid more attention the second time I watched the show. I thought some of it was kind of cheesy, but I thought it really worked in the final confrontation scene between Adama and Cain; it built intensity well.

I don’t think it matters too much what Cain’s opinion of Roslin’s legitimacy is. What she thinks about her demotion or Adama’s promotion is not what counts; it’s her crew that matters. When presented with a legitimate alternative to her leadership, IMO, they will choose to join the BSG fleet (sorry, Cain, one ship does not a fleet make). That’s why the other XO, Fisk, contacted Tigh – I got the impression that was a person-to-person conversation, not an official announcement of the verdict, like to say “See. Here she goes again”. And the looks from her crew on the bridge and the warning from the XO make me think her crew is ready to turn on Cain. Whether she’s killed in battle or by mutiny or another way, my bet is Cain doesn’t make it out of the next episode.

However, I think the Pegasus will be around for a while. But who will be in command after they off Cain? Tigh? No, he’s proven the notion that some good first officers make terrible captains. Same excuse for why it won’t be the XO on Pegasus. I bet either Lee, because of something D said to him earlier in the season about how the Galactica crew would rather follow him than Tigh; Or my personal guess, Capt Taylor, the CAG on Pegasus.

41 - 60 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.