TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 371 Posts

· I am Groot!
59,014 Posts
oski87 said:
I will toss $50 down now that says that is NOT going to be how this shakes out.
For one thing, Pegasus can't survive--otherwise, it would become/remain the flagship of the fleet (being bigger, badder, and newer) and they'd have to change the title to "Battlestar Pegasus," and I don't see them doing it.

I'm not convinced that Pegasus HAS been fighting the Cylons, since as has been noted Admiral Ro has given no indication of how they could possibly have survived first contact with the enemy. And I'm more than a little surprised nobody on the show has raised the question, since it's a huge and obvious flaw in Ro's story.

· Registered
238 Posts
Not to be a spoiler but doesn't anyone remember what happened to the Pegasus in the original show? I fully expect the same (or similar) to happen this time. I knew Cain was going to be a pain in the ass since it fit the original mold cast by Lloyd Bridges. Also, notice how she said "Welcome back to the Colonial Fleet" when she boarded Galactic the first time. She's considering her ship and whatever support ships (which I didn't see any of) the 'fleet' whereas Galactica and it's band of ships are joining her as opposed to vice versa. She's a nutjob and it's going to be a hell of a ride while she's around :)

· TBLBITW
128 Posts
Damn awesome ep...

Here's my guess for part 2:

Just as the two sets of alert fighters are about to start firing, the Cylon fleet that's been tracking Galactica will jump in.

Cain and Adama will (reluctantly) agree to postpone blasting each other out of space to face the common threat, and both battlestars and their ships will begin to defend themselves against the Cylons.

The Pegasus will be the more aggressive and offensive battlestar, but will be very heavily damaged... during this fight, Baltar/Six v2, and Helo/Tyrol will escape back to the Galactica (TPTB will forget about the other, minor players who may have been transferred over).

The combined battlestars will destroy the Cylon fleet, but at the last moment, Pegasus will take a whopping hit that looks like it'll destroy them... and then Cain will order another random jump.

All of Pegasus' vipers will return to the Galactica... (except that nasty CAG, who will be killed) and we'll also get to keep their engineering mastermind former deck chief.

This guess addresses the following:

- homage to the original series "Pegasus" eps, i.e. they fight a Cylon fleet together, we don't actually know what happens to the Pegasus, and the Galactica gets news ships/personnel

- we get Tyrol/Helo/Baltar back

Whaddaya think?

-Ian

P.S. I loved the music last night... interesting take.

45 Posts
My comments and ideas:

- Regarding Admiral Cain's opinion toward Madame President, there is no way Cain would respect anything she ordered -- "She's the Secretary of Education?!?".

- The truth about how Pegasus "escaped" Caprica is going to be a mind-blower, I think. Considering the command mentality of Admiral Cain, she may have committed treasonous acts in order to escape, such as shooting down friendly ships to draw attention away from the Pegasus while they plotted their jump.

- I agree that there is no way that the Pegasus can stay in the show, at least with Cain in command. As Alvis suggested in message #18, I like the idea of her own officers taking her out, and submitting themselves to Galactica, with Adama in overall command.

- Nobody has mentioned Starbuck, and the Blackbird. After introducing a stealth ship to the show, you just know that Adama is going to use it somehow, perhaps in the role of retrieving his condemned men.

- And, as Rob suggested in message #21, I agree that the Pegasus has not been fighting Cylons. They don't have the attitude of a group of Colonials who's been all on their own, and constantly battling the Cylons. More likely, they have been running scared and hyper-jumping at the sight of ANY Cylons. They WERE very interested in the mysterious Cylon ship, but they still just don't look like a battle hardened crew.

- Only three months will tell.

· Registered
42 Posts
cwerdna said:
Hmm, this had never even crossed my mind. Interesting hypotheses....

I too wondered the whole time as to how they survived w/their more advanced networked computers and wished they addressed it.

I think it was explained. The Pegasus had just docked to start an overhaul when the cylons attacked. This suggested to me that the ship had not yet recieved the latest equipment updates and therefore did not have Baltar's latest software with Cylon disable codes.

Paul M.

· Not enough room
3,520 Posts
Wow, this show just gets better and better. I can not wait 3 months!

Before I aw this episode I thought the President would step in to promote Adama. But now with them being on the edge of fighting I don't think Cain would respect any orders the President gives.

I am curious how everyone will get back to the Galactica. Unless it works something like the original series regarding Pegasus like someone mentioned above.

J

· Registered
884 Posts
My guess is that Starbuck and the Raptor recon mission will find out something Caprica-shattering about the mystery ship and return just in time to avert the conflict between the fleets. Also, something will happen during that mission to get the Pegasus CAG to respect Apollo and perhaps help lead to the downfall of Ro...er Cain.

· No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place
2,589 Posts
What an episode! However, I do believe that the series can go on with the Pegasus in tow....as long as Adama is the "true" leader. After all, there are lots of ships in the fleet now that we never see or even hear about, and it does nothing to hurt the show.

Perhaps Baltar, acting as the VP, will contact Roslyn and tell her about the abuse/rape of Pegasus 6....and Roslyn will make Cane step down, or take a demotion.

I would just hate to lose such a great military asset in the Pegasus if it really were destroyed.

Oh, and me and my wife both really hated the music toward the beginning of the ep. Yuck!

EDIT: Did anyone notice that they didn't tell Cane anything about finding Kobol, the tomb of Athena, and the star map?

· Registered
340 Posts
An incredible episode! I hope the writers do come up with an unexpected solution to the standoff. Having the president come in and flex her authority seems to easy like others have said. Having the Pegasus crew in essence mutiny against the admiral also seems quite unlikely, they all seem pretty nuts and loyal to her.

I wish they weren't taking so much time off, its not like there is anything of quality on the networks friday nights to be scared of!

· Registered
340 Posts
DRobbins said:
Can someone refresh me on the plot of the original Galactica series episode with the Pegasus?

Thanks.
If I could use spoiler tags correctly I would say but I agree with what others have said- however the standoff ends, what happens ultimately to Pegasus will track the original series and should probably be put in tags for folks who would like to be surprised.

· Just Plain Awesome
3,740 Posts
ronsch said:
I don't know. I don't think this Admiral Cain has much in common with the original except for the name and rank.
In the original series Adama was also Capricas representive on the council of twelve and was the only survivor of the original council (well except for Baltar). Adama was head of the council and used that authority to take command of the pegaus from Commander kane (who was not an admiral in the original).

· Spawn of Cthulhu
125 Posts
OK, a bunch of random answers from the podcast...

First, Moore said that this episode ran very long... over 15 minutes long. They initially tried to expand it out to a 90 minute episode but eventually gave up and wound up really cutting it. He did say that the (eventual) DVD Season 2 release will contain the entire uncut episode. He said, however, that his comments would include some things about scenes that were cut. So, a few things did get clarified.

For example, the Pegasus was in for refit at the time of the attack, which means their computer network was down at the time. That was how they survived the inital virus attack. Through luck they avoided the original physical attack. Admiral Caine had the Pegasus make a random jump to just get away. They later somehow figured out about the virus. (He admitted that they didn't know how they made that discovered but just assumed that they somehow did.)

He also goes into a long discussion on why they made the changes from the original BSG episode "The Living Legend" to "Pegasus" and admits that pretty much all that is left is that the Galactica encounters another battlestar commanded by someone named Caine.

We know Six's name! It's Gina! (Yeah, I know. That never bothered anyone but me.) Moore says that a lot of fans of the original show call this one GINO, meaning "Galactica In Name Only". He says they named her Gina as a joke on that name.

Excellent, excellent episode. Man, can this show get any darker?

· Seasoned gas passer
12,206 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
...in our universe raping a prisoner is a capital offense, so a strong legal argument could be made that Helo and the Chief were totally justified in their actions to prevent a crime that was being committed.
I am in no way defending what they attempted to do, but remember, when Adama asked Cain how they could have gotten a fair trial, she said she took in to account several things including statements from the guards who were with the Cylon interrogator. And you KNOW they lied, so basically, it was "he said...she said" and we know how that goes with the Admiral.

robpickles said:
I also think the "Cylon Interrogater" was a bit much with the rapings. Pegasus' Admiral and crew need some serious therapy.
Yes, it is...but to deny this really happens is not reality. You can bet this happens in this present day.

skittles said:
The only real complaint, and it's fairly major, is the HORRIBLE music in some of the scenes. The two worst compositions were in the scene where Admiral Ro lands on Galactica in the Raptor, and when Gaius is in the cell with PegasusSix and is bringing her food. It was so horribly bad that it just ruined each of those two scenes for me.
I completely disagree. I thought the music nicely added to the atmosphere of those scenes, and, yes it was different. What's wrong with different?

Rob Helmerichs said:
I'm not convinced that Pegasus HAS been fighting the Cylons, since as has been noted Admiral Ro has given no indication of how they could possibly have survived first contact with the enemy. And I'm more than a little surprised nobody on the show has raised the question, since it's a huge and obvious flaw in Ro's story.
I agree...they didn't look, act, or react like they'd been in battle with the Cylons.

Richard R1 said:
- Nobody has mentioned Starbuck, and the Blackbird. After introducing a stealth ship to the show, you just know that Adama is going to use it somehow, perhaps in the role of retrieving his condemned men.
Those were EXACTLY my thoughts when the ep ended. You can bet Starbuck will play a major role in Season 3, Ep 1!

· West Coast citizen!
18,692 Posts
Bierboy said:
I completely disagree. I thought the music nicely added to the atmosphere of those scenes, and, yes it was different. What's wrong with different?
I don't mind different, as long as it adds to the atmosphere of the scene.

Take the scene where Baltar goes into the interrogation room, for example. The music makes it sound like he's Cowboy Gaius. It's so out of place that it takes me out of the scene, and really detracts from what I'm supposed to be engrossed in.

· Not enough room
3,520 Posts
In my little mind I think it would have been cool if the tension was between the President and the Admiral and the Admiral was going to stage another coup thinking she would have the backing of Adama since he has stopped recognizing her authority before. But then Adama back the President instead.

Well it would have been a lot of stuff already seen in S1. But it would have been cool to see the standoff over the President!

When Cain said they have a Cylon prisoner I was hoping to see a new Cylon, then I started hoping it would be another Boomer! Then she could get on Galactica somehow and Chief and Helo could have one!

J

· Banned
12,538 Posts
What were Adama's final words before the opening credits????

Maybe that large Cylon ship has something to do with it.

The same technology that allows Baltar to think he sees 6(Gina), spread across the entire fleet?

{Bondage 6!}

21 - 40 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.