TiVo Community Forum banner
361 - 371 of 371 Posts

· Wild Hair
5,095 Posts
bobino said:
I didn't read the entire 12 pages of replies to this thread, so this may have already been covered. If so, let me know and I will keep reading...and reading...

Now that it's known that Cylons have fiber-optic links in their wrists, how hard can it be to detect them?

-Bobino
go play the communtary from scifi.com he talked about this.

if you still have the episode on your tivo here is the com.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/mp3/209/bsg_ep209_FULL.mp3

tart playing each episode's file when the words "The Cylons Were Created By Man" appear on your TV screen. Beeps will indicate when to pause for commercial breaks.

· Rebus Philbin
31,242 Posts
Charon2 said:
I would like to know why the podcasts of the last two episodes aren't on the DVD. Unless they are hidden as an Easter Egg.
I didn't realize that they were putting them on the DVD. That's cool.

I listened to them at the time via podcast, and I remember a few were skipped, and Moore had just mentioned that they were busy or on vacation or a shooting hiatus or some mundane explanation. So they basically did them as they were convenient and there were no other time conflicts. I suppose they never went back to do the ones they missed.

· I want my TiVo Back
580 Posts
hefe said:
I didn't realize that they were putting them on the DVD. That's cool.

I listened to them at the time via podcast, and I remember a few were skipped, and Moore had just mentioned that they were busy or on vacation or a shooting hiatus or some mundane explanation. So they basically did them as they were convenient and there were no other time conflicts. I suppose they never went back to do the ones they missed.
Right. They missed the podcast for Fragged, S2E3, but the rest had podcasts, and the DVDs include all of them except the last two episodes which you can get from the website, but odd that they didn't include them on the DVD since they have been there since those two aired.

· Registered
45 Posts
Now that it's known that Cylons have fiber-optic links in their wrists, how hard can it be to detect them?
well...like someone said, this HAS been discussed to death, but the real answer is that there IS really no answer. Its never been explained in the show. All we know is that the Cylons "LOOK" human to testing equipment, but ther spines glow (sometimes) they are able to communicate with other cylons, and can stick fiber into their arm, and get a signal.

so....either they're somehow able to mask the parts that aren't "human", or you just have to get over yourself and remember this is just a TV show.

personally I don't see how anyone can say that the cylons are "undetectable" and 100% human. this may be based simply on the fact that cylons human HAVEN'T been detected, not that anyone has tried and failed. Remember that until well into season 1 most of the BSG world had no idea that there WERE human cylons, so the statement that they're indistinguishable from humans may be based on the fact that they have managed to hide the special bits well nough to have avoided detection thus far. The only person that's really TRIED to detect them was Baltar...and we never really get a clear indication of 1) whether he was actually able to do it 2) whether he was NOT able to do it, and merely worked that into his psychosis by thinking he's protecting cylons 3) whether this was an easy thing or a difficult thing (he does take a lot of time to develop it, but that could be just because he's crazy, stalling, or whatever)....

so at this point, we really don't know. it may be eventually explained. it may not leaving many dorky people like ourselves to spend many hours trying to explain plot holes in a TV show rather than just saying "hey, its a plot hole...we don't HAVE to justify it for the writers if they can't be bothered to do it themselves. They get paid to do this...we don't."

· Premium Member
19,746 Posts
Charon2 said:
Right. They missed the podcast for Fragged, S2E3, but the rest had podcasts, and the DVDs include all of them except the last two episodes which you can get from the website, but odd that they didn't include them on the DVD since they have been there since those two aired.
Well, the DVD might well have been in production before those episodes aired, but were "in the can." So they might not have had time to get the commentary on those episodes on the set. I'm waiting for the complete season 2 set before I buy anything.

361 - 371 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.