TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Any of you notice the hesitation on Pegasus when Admiral Cain ordered military action while there wasn't any on Galactica. My money is on Pegasus crew removing Cain from command. And since name of the show is Galactica, Pegasus won't make it past this season. :(

· Registered
23 Posts
One interesting plot twist on Cain (if she were to remain on the show) could be her hooking up with Tom Zarek after losing her command. Some officers on Pegasus will stay loyal to Cain, plus Zarek will appoint Cain to command if he were to ever become the president. :eek:

· Registered
23 Posts
Big_Daddy said:
Yep, Cain is a major nutjob, clearly responding to pressure of the war in the SAME way as Tigh did, but in an even more exaggerated fashion - exert control over everything, and lock up (or shoot) those who disagree.
Cain is nothing like indecisive Tigh. The moment Tigh didn't give the order to shoot down the raptor carrying the president and Apollo was when he lost complete command. Up until then officers like Gaeta were loyal to the chain of command. Tigh ended up alienating both the president's supporters and his main supporters: the hardcore military personnel.

· Registered
23 Posts
Am I the only one who feel Cain isn't mad with power? She's classic type A personality and people like her rise through ranks by taking huge risks. You don't become an admiral by being a good paper pusher. I can easily picture Starbuck acting just like Cain.

· Registered
23 Posts
One thing that has been nagging me is why did Pegasus 6 allow herself to be abused? I thought all human model cylons possessed superhuman strength and speed.

edit: Or she could have terminated herself. Do they even fear death?

· Registered
23 Posts
Amnesia said:
Don't forget that the human-looking Cylons can also upload their memories upon death (or rather, cessation of function). Humans can't do that either.

Yes, I'm sure that there is a body of law regarding Cylons in the Colonial legal system. And presumably it doesn't make any distinction between metallic and non-metallic Cylons. Therefore, all Cylons---no matter what their superficial appearance---would be addressed by said laws.
But would those laws still apply in time of war? Even after cylons have committed genocide against the human race?

· Registered
23 Posts
ccooperev said:
Would you agree that Cylons are sentient beings? If by possessing the qualities of self awareness, intelligence, consciousness, desire, free will (e.g. Boomer's apparent behavior) would such beings be deserving of the expectation to not be harmed in such a fashion?
Many of you are forgetting that cylons committed genocide. Human race are in verge of extinction and humane treatment of cylon prisoners should be least of their worries.

edit: Even if Pegasus crew didn't rape 6, will cylons spare their lives because of it? NO!

· Registered
23 Posts
Tangent said:
Wow, that sounds like the worst kind of justification. Using the actions of a race to justify what we do to an individual is pretty weak. Ask the Japanese-American citizens we interned in WW2 if it was justified because the Japanese attacked up at Pearl Harbor. Germany under Hitler was on a mission of genocide, does that mean that since I'm of German decent I should be able to be raped/beaten/tortured and nobody should feel bad about it?
OK, why are there human model cylons on Pegasus, Galactica, and colonial fleet? They aren't innocent cylons who just want to get along with humans. Their mission is to kill, sabotage, and spy on the humans. If they have no intent to harm, they can easily come forward and maybe even become productive member of the fleet.

· Registered
23 Posts
Narkul said:
If Sharon is pregnant by Helo then it only makes sense that she is far more than just a robot. She's got to be something VERY close to human to be able to conceive a child with a human. This pregnancy and the danger to a POSSIBLE human child alone should have been enough to qualify this as a rape and not just a deviant act.
I don't remember there being any evidence about Sharon's pregnancy other than her word.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.