TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Idiot
31 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
Seems like a psychopath to me.

And I'm no expert on Colonial law, but in our universe raping a prisoner is a capital offense, so a strong legal argument could be made that Helo and the Chief were totally justified in their actions to prevent a crime that was being committed.
Yeeeah... that's sort of... the whole point....

Adama aint just exerting blind loyalty. He is consistently moral first, military second.

OK- On to more important points:

JANUARY????? FRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKMOTHERFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAK!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the music was incredible tonite, start to finish.

· Idiot
31 Posts
Anubys said:
finally, I'm a little disappointed...the solution to this stand-off is pretty easy and obvious: the president will relieve the Admiral and promote Adama to take over the entire fleet...a little tense moments as the Admiral orders her people around but then they stand their ground and not obey her...I hope the writers are not this predictable!
I will toss $50 down now that says that is NOT going to be how this shakes out.

· Idiot
31 Posts
latrobe7 said:
OK, let me ask this again since I either wasn't clear or allot of people have me on ignore.

Was Starbuck also out of line when she interrogated Leoben? If someone burst in, in his defense would you defend their actions? Was Starbuck’s motive and goal not the same as the interrogator from Pegasus?

The more I think about this, the less I am able to side with Chief or Helo. Yes, the interrogator from Pegasus was out of control; and the general sadism-as-sport attitude of the Pegasus crew we saw was disgusting, but I do not believe that because they had the "moral-high-ground" in their mind that Helo and Chief had carte blanche to stop the attack/interrogation any way they saw fit.

I think this has allot to do with the Galactica crew being familiar to us and therefore, "the good-guys".
Keep in mind that Starbuck was questioning/torturing a cylon that had just claimed to have planted a nuke aboard the fleet. An imminent threat like that trumps any moral concerns. Just ask Jack Bauer :up:

I dont think that the "is a cylon a sentient being?" arguement is central to the story. IMO the writers were just trying to show that the crew of the Pegasus is amoral. The way that the deck hands were talking about Sharon ("Hear you've got a cylon prisoner. I heard she's a HOTTIE!!") tells me that they arent debating amongst themselves her status as a sentient being and whether or not rules of war apply to a toaster-- they are just acting on their most base instincts without benefit of any sort of moral compass at all. I'd place a big bet that their behavior will turn bad (worse) toward the Galactica crew in part 2, and THAT will be the important part of the story.

· Idiot
31 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
Hey, I don't mind a little ribbing (for my pleasure), but my post count has nothing to do with understanding it's all a show. Most of my post count is in Happy Hour.
Oh, sorry. I only rib people for my pleasure. I laugh at my own jokes a lot, too.

I totally agree with you, btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.