TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my Tivo for about a month but lately I am getting some artifacting of the video and some garbelled sound. Some shows are fine, but I recorded the OC today and it was unwatchable with very bad video and sound. Does this mean my hard drive is shot already? Given that it is only on some shows is it maybe a bad sector of the drive?

· TechKnow Guide
4,779 Posts
If Hunter Green's suggestion doesn't help, post back with ....

* brand/model Tivo
* how is the Tivo connected to the rest of your system (inputs/outputs, cables, connectors)?
* what's your video source (cable, cable box, satellite receiver)?

· TechKnow Guide
4,779 Posts
I gather the reboot didn't help?

Using the RF coax connection between your Tivo and TV is the poorest connection. Does your TV have composite (RCA) or SVideo inputs? Try those instead of the RF connection.

Also, how is the cable box connected to your Tivo? Try to use the RCA or SVideo connections instead of RF coax cable.

Finally, does the problem happen on all channels or just a few? Which ones? Does it also happen if you remove the Tivo and connect the cable box directly to the TV?

· Registered
4 Posts
I tried that today, video quality is so much better. Now I am trying to get the sound to work via an amplifier and surround sound. It's not happening yet.
The amp has svideo for each of the peripherals, syill can't seem to get sound out. any help would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.