TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrrr! Bad Rovi continues to be FUBAR. The Bad Rovi lineups and guide data reamed me again. Ever since Bad Rovi burst on the scene, the channel lineups (at least for OTA) have been stuffed with a HUGE amount of garbage. They seem to be too lazy to even consider tailoring lineups for specific zip codes or geographical areas - now they want to use just one bloated lineup for the entire state!!! My local area has just 5 transmitters and a total of 14 OTA channels, but the idiotic lineup contains over 200 BOGUS channels. Every time someone 200 miles away in this state tries to get their lineup fixed, all THEIR local crap gets thrown into my lineup too. This has been an irritant, but once all the garbage was de-selected from the channel list, it didn't seem like much of an on-going problem. WRONG.

Because Season Passes and 1Ps quit working properly with Bad Rovi, I had to resort to wish lists to find and record a number of on-going series, such as Masterpiece and Survivor. This has been working well until this week, but all of a sudden Bad Rovi threw some bogus channels into my lineup that do not exist within hundreds of miles, but since all new added channels get automatically ENABLED, the wish lists decided to STOP recording from the REAL local channels that HAVE a signal and change the schedules to the new BOGUS channels. End result? I find those scheduled programs were NOT RECORDED this week due to "no signal"! Now I feel like I have to check the full channel list shown in Guide every single time I turn on the TV just to try and protect myself from more Bad Rovi Reaming.

·
Bon Vivant
116 Posts
100% agree. Here in Central Oregon, the Rovi switch has just about killed my OTA TiVo... If I could return my TiVo and minis (and subscriptions) for even 50% cost, I would jump at it.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
During this week on one day, Colbert showed 11:35 AM INSTEAD OF PM, so it did not record.

Today the 10:30 am Sun ABC News morning show was not in the guide at all and the local news entry was from 9 am to 1 pm. This has not happened with Rovi yet AND IT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.