TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 1/2 year old Series 2 TIVO (60 Hour) that starts the normal boot up process - grey screen to orange/black with the "Almost there. Just a few more minutes" and then the green light shuts off and the TV goes black. Is this a hard drive or power supply problem? Any recommendations on whether I should try to fix and if so, how?

If I cannot fix it, I have a lifetime subscription so would need to pay TiVo $149 for a refurbished replacement that may go bad in a year. Or, I would need to buy a new one (with a 4-year warranty from Best Buy) AND a new lifetime subscription! HELP!!

Mike

· Dumb Blond
38,732 Posts
Yes, definitely been there. But you are also not the first to ask such a question here, and your description of the symptom is exactly what happens with a TiVo in standby mode. The only aspect that puzzled me was that you must not have been watching the screen closely, because all the TiVos I have used (admittedly, not standalones recently) put up a message about pressing Live TV or the TiVo (DirecTV) button before the screen blanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.