TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

· Registered
5,077 Posts
Looking back, I just realized how much B5 reminds me of the first three phases of the MCU that spanned over ten years. Every individual movie had a tie-in to the overall plot and led to one of the best finales of any movie franchise I have seen to date. B5 was very similar in that all five seasons were mapped out from the beginning. The beauty of the storytelling is that even though each episode may have been part of the overall story, they could all stand alone as individual episodes. I am really looking forward to seeing the reboot.

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Looking back, I just realized how much B5 reminds me of the first three phases of the MCU that spanned over ten years. Every individual movie had a tie-in to the overall plot and led to one of the best finales of any movie franchise I have seen to date. B5 was very similar in that all five seasons were mapped out from the beginning. The beauty of the storytelling is that even though each episode may have been part of the overall story, they could all stand alone as individual episodes. I am really looking forward to seeing the reboot.
Wouldn't that be the other way around since B5 came 1st? Could you imagine JMS being in charge of the Star Wars sequel trilogy? It would've been mapped out and have a logical flow that the series really didn't.

Reactions: aaronwt

· I am Groot!
58,180 Posts
Wouldn't that be the other way around since B5 came 1st? Could you imagine JMS being in charge of the Star Wars sequel trilogy? It would've been mapped out and have a logical flow that the series really didn't.
Well, it would have helped if ANYBODY had been in charge of the Star Wars sequel trilogy...

· Registered
5,077 Posts
Yes, it would. I was only pointing out the similarities in the way the overall stories for both B5 and the first three phases of the MCU were mapped out ahead of time.

George Lucas supposedly had the entire Star Wars triple trilogy mapped out ahead of time, but clearly it was not well thought out. It was just a huge mess after the first trilogy.

· Registered
1,820 Posts
101 - 107 of 107 Posts