TiVo Community Forum banner
161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,894 Posts
When you guys were talking about Jane Seymour last week, I thought it must have been another Jane Seymour I'd never heard of. Then I took a closer look and was amazed that it was really her. No way I would have ever realized it if nobody had pointed it out. :)
Agreed. I never would have recognized that she is the same woman from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
She was in her early 40s when Dr Quinn started (and late 40s when it ended). She's 70 now.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I got through the episode in nine minutes.

Knowing they were watching a Bond movie I watched for Jane to tell the obvious joke but she never did. She was a Bond girl, and yet she only mentioned two others. Also, Jane was much easier to tolerate with blue hair.

Don't really care why the dentist ended up being a patient but I could tell sort of what was happening as I fast-forwarded.

I felt bad for Ben Vereen.

·
Boosted
27,056 Posts
Yeah, the dentist in the old-folks home is a huge stretch. I’m sure collectively we could come up with a better plot to keep him in the show.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,606 Posts
Yeah, the dentist in the old-folks home is a huge stretch. I'm sure collectively we could come up with a better plot to keep him in the show.
Hmmm, let me think. I'm 71 and a lot can go wrong with teeth and gums. A gum infection a couple of years ago caused the removal of two teeth and a tooth implant for one of them. Old caps fall off, decay is found underneath and needs to be removed making it necessary to get a new cap. An Implant is over $4,000, a cap $1,400. Medicare doesn't have dental. Dental plans will, at best, pay only half the cost of major work. So, I can imagine a lot of seniors with oral problems who can't afford a dentist. Oh, I have a friend who is a dentist. Maybe I can convince him to do some charity work. Yes, there's an idea.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's a lot better now than last season, especially the ones near the end. I assume the charity angle will be used after he gets his meds sorted out, just a way for the residents and him to get acquainted.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Now that I know that’s Jane Seymour, I wanted her to suggest they watch “Live and Let Die” as the Bond movie they watch.

·
With an "L"
4,203 Posts
S02.E06: "A Dishwasher, a Fire and a Remote Control"

Thumbs up: they've given Annaleigh a second verse in the (new) new opening!
Thumbs down: This episode was terrible.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
I thought this was the weakest episode yet, of this new season and reboot. Why...

Too much Drew. Almost every bit of screen time with him is cringey. He's so effing whiney. And he brings nothing, NOTHING, to the new reboot. I like Jerry, for example, so bringing him into the home was okay. Can't stand Drew, so working him into the plot is dragging it down.

I wonder if Chuck Lorre sees this, and is willing to do something about it. Otherwise, I fear this show is done. It's already tough enough to get eyeballs, with a sitcom focused on older characters. Add in a character that's excruciating to watch... death knell.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
My Guess, Drew will sell his home before securing a new location and Gina will have an empty room in the Assisted Living Facility to offer to him.

If I’m right, I’m out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Before seeing this weeks ep, I was already thinking they would have him and his daughter move to Montana or somewhere, writing him out of show. Now looks to me will have him travel around to find himself, and we will just have to have a brief phone call update from him.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
He is going to "find himself" by helping the old people.
I expected that to be what would happen to allow them to incorporate him into the new storylines, but that doesn't really explain why he'd be selling his house.

I wouldn't be upset if they're planning on writing him out. That's much better than trying to force a romance between him and Gina.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
The house may not sell. Or it does and he winds up living with Gina like she did him.

The house being on the market doesn’t mean he can’t wind up as the shrink for the Elderly. Just shows how much he desires change.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I guess the title of 12/2 ep answers the he will he be traveling question A Camper, a compass, a cannoli

161 - 180 of 208 Posts