TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I thought Jane looked a lot more like herself this week.
I actually like the wig or hairstyle from this week's episode.

Still, I got through the episode in less than seven minutes. I think it was less because Harry and his wife didn't do much and that's pretty much all I saw, and when I looked at the clock it was before I deleted a bunch of newscasts and other show I didn't need.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,606 Posts
Yes. CBS's Thursday night comedies were all new. Young Sheldon, B Positive, United States of Al and Ghosts.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I’m close to deleting my 1Pass. I’ll give it one more shot. Not sure why they don’t use more of Kether Donough (she was good in You’re the Worst)

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
I thought it was pretty good. On the Drew front, maybe he's (almost) gone. If he really sets out "On The Road", we'll see far less of him. Hopefully.

And I don't know, maybe I'm just sappy for old people, but I liked all the interactions. The only cringey part was that dress.

"Cannoli?"
"Sure. Could I get a coffee too?"

I think the problem is they have no focus right now. They're clearly not sure what to do with Gabby or Gideon, they continue to make token appearances. Drew's family is gone, as is Eli. And Drew is this wild card, the co-lead of the show, who has no place on the show. They need to find what their core is, what they want the spirit of the show to be.

It's somewhat surprising a Chuck Lorre show is this lost. I enjoy it for the humor, but there doesn't appear to be any game plan that we can see, which makes it tough to keep an audience.

·
Watch This Baby!
1,196 Posts
I started watching because of the kidney tie in. I have stage 3 kidney failure and am on a transplant list. I wasn't sure how they would be able to get more than one season and when Drew received the kidney I had no idea where they would go. Don't really like where it's headed and probably won't keep it on my season pass much longer if it doesn't get a good story moving along.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I just watch Harry and his wife. I'll watch Hector Elizondo so anything, even if it is unpleasant in a sense. It's hard to watch his wife give up but somehow I can deal with whatever she does.

I have no idea what happens as I fast-forward but I don't care.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,643 Posts
I liked the Canolli gag, of him making friends with all the people in the nursing home. Other than that, the show it becoming what I feared, a show about cranky seniors and that is already gotten old. The charm of the original premise was straightlaced Drew getting a kidney from flighty Gina, the party girl into drinking and drugs and casual sex. That's all gone now. Gina is much more of the straight person as she's the foil for "old people" jokes now. I don't think they have any idea what to do with Drew, and not sure what Middleditch's contract situation is, but it's clear he has no real use for this series any longer, hence they will send him on his "van life" adventure until they figure it out. At that point, I'll probably be gone. I loved Silicon Valley and his work there and I even liked his first season character here, but now, they pivoted the show to a completely different one. I'll give it a couple more, but I'm close to deleting this.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
So sad about Harry's wife. But it is good she got taken to the hospital.

Forgot to mention last week that Cannoli hears Charlie Brown's teacher.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
More like B Negative based on the commercials I fast-forwarded through. I did not want this to happen.
We knew this was coming, and they handled it well. I actually thought this was a decent episode, even though we had more than 6 seconds of Drew.

I was ready to write this show off, but last night bought some more time. Having said that... ratings aren't good. CBS's lowest rated sitcom.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts