TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wild Hair
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well tivodotnet stopped working when I installed Java.

I heard that if you just put files into the My Tivo Recordings that they would show up on the tivo. this didn't happen. Any ideas?

·
No More TiVo :-(
12,341 Posts
Warren said:
well I have the free 2.5 and it says nothing about having to pay for it.
From the Release Notes:
2. New Features of TiVo Desktop 2.5

This version of TiVo Desktop has the following new features.

• Compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.

This version has the following features in TiVo Desktop Plus.

• Adds 'Apple iPod' to the list of portable devices. Converted files are added directly to your iTunes library.

• Supports transfer and playback of .AVI or .Divx files encoded with the DivX codec (version 4 or higher) or with the Xvid codec. No other video formats are supported within .AVI files.

• Allows conversion of previously transferred TiVo recordings by selecting the recording and then selecting 'Convert for ...' from the Action menu.

• Converts recordings for portable devices sequentially..

·
Wild Hair
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what I am saying is when I go into the publish area of tivo desktop all it says is that I need to put the files in the folder. it says nothing about buying it.

I'll post a screen shot later.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ok If I want to buy a portable video player like the Ipod Video can I put Tivo shows on there and watch them? I am interested in this Archos video/mp3 player with Wifi. I have a Dell DJ but it doesn't do video. I download movies sometimes and have one now in AVI format. I want to be able to watch it on a portable movie player. My laptop is too big to carry around. But if the portable video player also played my tivo shows that would be awesome. I just wondered if there is a certain player that plays Tivo shows or do I need the Tivo 2 Go Plus which I will buy if I have to. I can get this Archos 30gig with wifi for the same price as a 30 gig ipod. I usually use Tivo 2 Go and watch on Laptop but I want something smaller that will play both a downloaded movie off the net like a AVI or mpeg, divx whatever it is and my Tivo shows even if I have to buy the plus and convert them.
Thanks, Rose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts