TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a "hiccup" in my audio when watching live programs and recorded programs. It repeats a very small length of audio that had just played (like .25 seconds worth).

Anyone heard of this problem?

-Nathan

·
TechKnow Guide
12,027 Posts
Yes. Lots of things can cause this problem. Tell us more about ...

* does this happen on all channels? all HD channels? just one or two channels?
* how often does it happen?
* if you rewind slightly and replay the "hiccup", does it happen in the same spot?
* how is your HR10-250 connected to the rest of your system (cables, inputs/outputs, connectors)?
* if you're using an AV Receiver, what brand/model is it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
litzdog911 said:
Yes. Lots of things can cause this problem. Tell us more about ...

* does this happen on all channels? all HD channels? just one or two channels?
* how often does it happen?
* if you rewind slightly and replay the "hiccup", does it happen in the same spot?
* how is your HR10-250 connected to the rest of your system (cables, inputs/outputs, connectors)?
* if you're using an AV Receiver, what brand/model is it?
All channels
Every 10 minutes
No
HDMI
Panasonic audio deck

We can cancel out the equipment or connection because it didnt happen the first few days I had my system and now it only happens every other day.

I actually just went with an optical audio cable from my HR10-250 and I havent noticed the hiccup yet so maybe that fixed it.

I must say, having my sounds fully digital makes SUCH a difference on DD channels. I cant believe I ever lived without it ;)

$5 cable on eBay and never realized it would make my sound system so "realistic sounding" I have 5.1 Klipsch speakers so I guess I shoulda done it that way all along.

-Nathan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh-Oh!

Yes, I am still getting the hiccup and it DOES happen even when I rewind and replay it, so I'm guessing it is the HR10-250, correct?

I'm sure my wife wont notice it but I certainly do.

Any suggestions? Hard Drive problem?... or?...

-Nathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts