TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This short lived series was one of my favorite superhero live action series. Finally "The Flash" is coming out on DVD in Janurary.

·
Wake-Maker!
1,541 Posts
Sweet!

·
Princess Anti-Santa
11,764 Posts
Not available through Netflix yet :(

·
Well aren't you
6,950 Posts
hah, I'll have to get that. I remember this from way back. didn't this come out about the same time as BH 90210?

·
Custom User Title
2,263 Posts
This was me and my dads favorite tv program...next to Star Trek: The next generation

·
Fat, Dumb and Happy
4,354 Posts
Any episodes on the DVD that didn't air? I know I saw all the ones that made it to the tube..

·
Unregistered User
2,540 Posts
Magister said:
Any episodes on the DVD that didn't air? I know I saw all the ones that made it to the tube..
As far as I know all episodes of the series were aired. So no unseen episodes and from what I've read no special features either. Wont stop me from buying the set since I loved the show. I would rank it as my favorite live-action SuperHero TV series.

·
No Pop Culture Here.
720 Posts
Loved The Flash! I used to run around the house during opening theme (I may have disclosed too much info! :) ) I recorded every episode but one (the return of The Trickster :( ) and loved Mark Hamill's role, basically his comeback's beginning since Star Wars, leading to Batman: Animated Series) from the series first run. Anyway, loved Flash. Hope there's tons of extras, how about interviewing and commentary from Hamill? Anyway, hope it's not just the episodes. :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Awesome show...excellent news! Well cast, great score, nice effects...it definitely was sad that it didn't get the ratings it deserved. It also had a great sense of humor that didn't overshadow or interfere with the "drama" of the story. It was a nice balance that a lot of superhero television shows and movies don't quite get right -- they are either too campy or too serious/dark.

Bravo WB!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
cancermatt said:
Anyway, hope it's not just the episodes. :)
Sadly, that's all it'll be. :(

January 10, 2006 is the date...

Click the images to check out the details (or lack thereof), courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.com

·
Super Duper Member
7,808 Posts
That show had an awesome costume. I always wondered why a TV show could get the costume right (hey, the Flash can move his head and neck!) and the Batman movies couldn't.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,763 Posts
Yet another TV show I can get rid of VHS tapes for! Thanks to TV shows on DVD, I've been able to dump like 60 or 70 tapes. Thank God!

When The Flash premiered, there was a huge writeup in TV Guide about the suit. Good piece, probably lost forever at this point.

If for anything, this DVD set is just more proof of how hot Amanda Pays was. Too bad she married Corbin Berensen and became a homemaker.

Greg

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bummer, Just got my copy of The Flash watched the first episode and 4 min before the end, it froze, then started at chapter two of the episode. ARRRGH! - no sign of damage to the disc. I'm returning to Amazon for a replacement and hoping that it's not a defect in the run.

A little disappointing, at least on the first disc, all extra's seem to be available only to DVD-Rom and there are no episode menus. ( I can't believe they did that). I had to next all the way through the episode to the next to the last chapter (about 15 min intervals) then FF to check the damage on both my machines.

·
Thanks 4 the Update
17,159 Posts
kmccbf said:
Bummer, Just got my copy of The Flash watched the first episode and 4 min before the end, it froze, then started at chapter two of the episode. ARRRGH! - no sign of damage to the disc. I'm returning to Amazon for a replacement and hoping that it's not a defect in the run.
It's a widespread problem:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451760

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
"Child's Play." - What a fun episode! All of the 60's hippie references....Flash moving through a wall because he was vibrating from "Blue Paradise." The bad guy in this episode was really good too! "Never disturb me when I'm laughing."

But alas, I was saddened to see a young Jonathan Brandis in it. He left us way too early in his life. :(

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I guess I will just keep exchanging it, till they get it right, unless I can get Warner Bros to send me a replacement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts