TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I can sympathize a bit with how Frank feels finding out his son had hit his wife, I just cannot imagine throwing him out of the house and disowning him when it was Jeremy himself who told his father about it and further how Frank soon thereafter found out the commander was also trying to help, at Jeremy's request.

It was so disappointing seeing him wander into that army recruiter at the end.

·
huh?
3,185 Posts
I agree!! I can't imagine kicking him out of the house. You loose any kind of parental influence you might have otherwise had.

I shook my head at him walking in to the Army recruiters office. He went from being able to go to west point to walking in to an Army Recruiters???? just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Grumpy Poster
53,132 Posts
Boy has no place else to go. Army is all he knows. Although I would've thought joining the Navy or Marines might have been more appropriate. He'd want to get as far away from the Army as possible.

Seems to me all of the Army husbands are a tad rigid, no? Nice guys underneath, but the wives have to lean on them to get their humanity to show.

So now that Trevor is stuck at home, is he going to stop being such a good guy? I hope not.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Graymalkin said:
Seems to me all of the Army husbands are a tad rigid, no? Nice guys underneath, but the wives have to lean on them to get their humanity to show.
And you base that massive generalization on what? On the contrary, most army people are family men, with wives, children, parents and other daily concerns. They just happen to be in the service as their way of making a living. The vast majority are average guys who love their wives and children and do the same stuff regular husbands do every day. Sure, a very few are hard ass guys without normal feelings buy they are distinctly the minority. My dad was a military psychologist for 32 years and he saw guys at their very worst. Very few were anything like what you seem to think.

None of my friends dads were jerks, they were all regular guys who came out for little league, BBQ'sd burgers on the weekends and once in a while went off to kill people reluctantly and only when the command authority decided it was appropriate.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Graymalkin said:
I was referring to the Army husbands on the show. Yeesh.
I still think it's a generalization and a convenient one which I think is a bit too easy, I would expect you to see through it.

I think some are pretty rigid (eg. Sherwood) and others are much less so. It's all pretty odd, since the whole command and force structure is way off. They don't mix units the way they do here. Delta in with airborne in with infantry in with god knows what. I think they do paint a somewhat rigid point of view since that's what we expect but they're working in some subtlety as we go along. The young guy seens pretty decent but with so many characters they have to use a pretty broad brush.

·
Registered
230 Posts
IJustLikeTivo said:
I still think it's a generalization and a convenient one which I think is a bit too easy, I would expect you to see through it.
I have to disagree. They have portrayed all of the Army husbands (and the one Army wife who is a soldier) as pretty hard and unyielding, and the wives as the ones who guide them back from the edge. I guess they figure that on Lifetime their audience is women so they are the real heroes of the show.

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TivoFan said:
I have to disagree. They have portrayed all of the Army husbands (and the one Army wife who is a soldier) as pretty hard and unyielding, and the wives as the ones who guide them back from the edge. I guess they figure that on Lifetime their audience is women so they are the real heroes of the show.
Not Trevor.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
TivoFan said:
The point is that it's a plot device and isn't real. Lots of show start out portraying people as rigid and unidimensional but the ones that succeed end up showing the humanity behind the mask. If they want people to care, they're going to have to do that here eventually. Claudia Joy, Denise, Roxy et all can't be human and married to inhuman men, that's not believeable. We have to eventually see what they see in the men or we'll stop caring. They'll have to go there pretty soon or the plots won't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.