TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just redid my computer with XP Pro, SP2. After my JavaHMO install my Tivos do not see the JavaHMO. I was running it with no problems previously, when I had Windows 2000.

I made the Firewall exception on ports 8081 and 2190 as stated on the JavaHMO FAQ. I have also tried to manually add the server IP address. The strange thing is that I am running the Tivo Desktop and my Tivos see it. I thought they used the same beacon and port. I do have the Tivo Beacon option checked in the prefs. Also, because of my wife's job I have VPN installed. I read that this may be an issue but I had it installed before with Windows 2000, and JavaHMO ran great. My wife says that uninstalling VPN is not an option.

Any suggestions?

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I talked my wife into running VPN on her laptop so my Tivos are seeing it now. Everything runs great except it does not see the directory that I tried to publish my MP3 files to. I have them on an external HD.

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davezatz said:
FYI JavaHMO has been superceded by Galleon. Check out galleon.tv for modern goodness. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I am running 6.2 on a DirecTivo so from what I read Galleon is a no-go for me. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts