TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Well...

I just moved and asked to get an antenna installed along with the dish by Directv.

First of all, they wouldn't tell me what antenna they would install and wouldn't guarentee it would work. Told me to look at it when the installer came out.

When the installer came out, he said that I was 50 miles out and didn't know if it would work. He called a different installer and said that guy said the antenna wouldn't work. He said he could put it up anyways to see if it would work but would have to charge me anyways. I told him to forget it.

I have the silver senor but while it worked well in my last house, it is really weak in my new house.

· Registered
35 Posts
I considered installing the Channel Master 4228 but it is kind of big. I am worried about it being an eye sore, especially if I have to put it on a long post.

How high do people noramlly mount these things?

I know it depends on the situation (my stations are 45 to 50 miles away). I tried to install the amped square shooter on the roof once and it was actually weaker on the roof then in the house. Might have needed to be mounted higher or in a different location, though, since I put in next to the dish at the back of the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.