TiVo Community Forum banner
1941 - 1952 of 1952 Posts

·
Cynical old guy
1,876 Posts
My daughter added ESPN to her hulu package because she knows I love college football. Unfortunately not having cable ESPN means the ESPN stream doesn't have any games that are on the ESPN cable channels. So basically no value there.

Looked at Peacock but they wanted $10 per month to get rid of commercials. Not worth it to me, $3 and I would have signed up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My daughter added ESPN to her hulu package because she knows I love college football. Unfortunately not having cable ESPN means the ESPN stream doesn't have any games that are on the ESPN cable channels. So basically no value there.

Looked at Peacock but they wanted $10 per month to get rid of commercials. Not worth it to me, $3 and I would have signed up.
If you are a customer of Comcast, you already have Peacock Premium and it's another $5 / month to upgrade it to commercial free.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
If you are a customer of Comcast, you already have Peacock Premium and it's another $5 / month to upgrade it to commercial free.
Same with Spectrum... At least for 12 months. Just canceled and restarted yesterday... $5 a month now with no commercials.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
If this allowed them to avoid a price increase, I'm happy. Nothing there I will miss.
Well one of these channels just no longer exists NBCSN.

·
I'm back!
34,349 Posts
Roku adds 'Live TV Zone' on homescreen w/ YouTube TV integration

Seemingly sweeping the past year of feuding with Google under the rug, Roku is today adding a new "Live TV Zone" feature on the homescreen that includes integration with YouTube TV.

Rolling out now, the Roku homescreen is adding a "Live TV Zone" section which shows a channel guide that pulls in live channels from various services, as well as showing some content from those services. The new feature appears under the "Live TV" tab on the left-hand navigation menu.​

·
Registered
125 Posts
Roku adds 'Live TV Zone' on homescreen w/ YouTube TV integration

Seemingly sweeping the past year of feuding with Google under the rug, Roku is today adding a new "Live TV Zone" feature on the homescreen that includes integration with YouTube TV.​
Rolling out now, the Roku homescreen is adding a "Live TV Zone" section which shows a channel guide that pulls in live channels from various services, as well as showing some content from those services. The new feature appears under the "Live TV" tab on the left-hand navigation menu.​
I would switch completely to TiVo Stream 4K and YouTube TV if they fully integrated their guides together. One guide with OTA + Pluto + TIVO+ + YouTubeTV = winning

I love the Apple TV 4K, but TiVo Stream 4K also supports 4K/HDR and is no where near the cost. The Apple TV "what's next" stuff is great...but that feature, along with Apple's centralized siri/search doesn't integrate with Netflix of all things.

TiVo Stream 4K on the other hand, has all that integration (except I think appletv+) AND a live guide...if that live guide plugged into other streaming services like YoutubeTV and not just Sling..it would be such a win. Or at the very least letting us assign custom buttons so "Live TV" opens YouTube TV or something. And if they didn't integrate the TiVo live TV guide, then Guide button while in YouTube TV launched the YouTube TV listings instead. I just wish there was a little more customization especially since it's based on android.

And of the course another big want with TiVo Stream 4K would be able to properly use the TiVo android app to play recorded shows or live programming from a connected streamable TiVo DVR.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I would switch completely to TiVo Stream 4K and YouTube TV if they fully integrated their guides together. One guide with OTA + Pluto + TIVO+ + YouTubeTV = winning

I love the Apple TV 4K, but TiVo Stream 4K also supports 4K/HDR and is no where near the cost. The Apple TV "what's next" stuff is great...but that feature, along with Apple's centralized siri/search doesn't integrate with Netflix of all things.

TiVo Stream 4K on the other hand, has all that integration (except I think appletv+) AND a live guide...if that live guide plugged into other streaming services like YoutubeTV and not just Sling..it would be such a win. Or at the very least letting us assign custom buttons so "Live TV" opens YouTube TV or something. And if they didn't integrate the TiVo live TV guide, then Guide button while in YouTube TV launched the YouTube TV listings instead. I just wish there was a little more customization especially since it's based on android.

And of the course another big want with TiVo Stream 4K would be able to properly use the TiVo android app to play recorded shows or live programming from a connected streamable TiVo DVR.
Google TV (available on the latest Chromecast as well as various new smart TVs) has a Live tab in the homescreen that integrates channels from YouTube TV as well as Pluto TV. It also has a cross-app watchlist and Continue Watching list that function sort of like Apple TV's Up Next unified queue (which is actually superior). But those features on Google TV don't support Netflix either -- they just don't like to cooperate with universal cross-app UIs.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Replace TIVO with Amazon Recast, and have it all in one guide. You win!

1941 - 1952 of 1952 Posts