TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone working on an HME application for Sirius Satellite Radio?

I would love to be able to stream it over to my tivo, looks like the best way today is to do it with shoutcast on the server, but I can't change channels easily that way.

I saw the XM HME tool and would love to see someone do that for Sirius :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would Shoutcast it for now, that's what I use to do with XM. I'm sure a GUI can be made to switch the stations but I'm a XM user.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So silly question, can tivo play a wma file? (asumming you wanted to play the limited streaming.) In theory you'd have to make the HME app act like a web browser and then transcode to a mp3. At least that's the theory.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh, that was my message. I was hoping for an easier way. I saw an XM application that allows you to change channels via TiVo.

·
Tivo Hates Mac Users
25 Posts
I see the last message here is over 6 months old, has anyone made any progress at all with this? So dying to be able to truly listen to Sirius through my tivo, with the ability to change channels.

·
Still full of it.
32 Posts
Never thought of it before reading dualfragment's post in THIS thread for streaming XM, searched the board & ended up here. Bumping this post to revive hope for so many Sirius satellite radio subscribers with TiVo...

I'm not a programmer but here's a thought for those more technically minded... I've installed a great little program on my fancy-schmancy Cingular 8525 called SiriusWM5 that allows me to access the Sirius Internet Radio stream on my Windows Mobile device... VERY NICE! [REVIEW]

Am I wrong to think that somehow the method used to deliver the stream to my phone could also be used to get it to our TiVo's?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The real issue is that sirius only uses an encrypted web stream with lots of authentication. This is the problem that prevents us from being able to just stream it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts