TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Anybody else having problems with "Beer Nutz?"

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dolfer 
#1 ·
Well, I just hit a big problem with the TiVo3 and the "copyright flag" - I think there is a mistake in the transmit stream of the "MOJOHD" channel. My brother showed me a show called "Beer Nutz" which is OK. Well, yesterday it taped it and said I only had until 8:59pm to watch it; it was recorded at 6pm! Tonight, it did similar but WORSE - only TWO hours (6pm-7:59pm). I just went to start it, and it warned me that it was a 30 min show and I only have 26 min to watch it. No biggie, it has commercials. But THEN, it wouldn't let me watch the first 5 or so minutes because THEY had already "expired."

What frikken BS.

Anybody else having an issue on this show?

- RR

#3 ·
revragnarok said:
Well, I just hit a big problem with the TiVo3 and the "copyright flag" - I think there is a mistake in the transmit stream of the "MOJOHD" channel. My brother showed me a show called "Beer Nutz" which is OK. Well, yesterday it taped it and said I only had until 8:59pm to watch it; it was recorded at 6pm! Tonight, it did similar but WORSE - only TWO hours (6pm-7:59pm). I just went to start it, and it warned me that it was a 30 min show and I only have 26 min to watch it. No biggie, it has commercials. But THEN, it wouldn't let me watch the first 5 or so minutes because THEY had already "expired."

What frikken BS.

Anybody else having an issue on this show?

- RR
Using Diagnostics page check CCI setting on that channel (or during that show), it must be incorrectly set to 0x03. CCI=0x03 are reserved for PPV & VOD showings only so it's likely your cable company is erroneously/accidently setting it. What really irks me though is if you use the cable company DVR to record such channels (with CCI=0x03) they don't have the 90 minute expiration - i.e. they don't abide by the rules. Since that's the case they don't get calls from non-Tivo users about the problem.

#4 ·
You win the prize! It is 0x03 as you assumed. However, since Comcast is just so f'n extra retarded here (since they bought Adelphia in my area - Carroll County, MD) I doubt it will ever get fixed. Calling them would be useless. Oh well, yet another reason to hate them. Thanks for the info!

#5 ·
revragnarok said:
You win the prize! It is 0x03 as you assumed. However, since Comcast is just so f'n extra retarded here (since they bought Adelphia in my area - Carroll County, MD) I doubt it will ever get fixed. Calling them would be useless. Oh well, yet another reason to hate them. Thanks for the info!
While I can't point you to FCC regulations I think this is a violation of some sort. Perhaps others with more expertise and better search capabilities through FCC vast forests of bureaucracy can dig up the ammo you need to get them to change it. Try the simple approach first of telling them it's wrong (that CCI=0x03) and if there is resistance then you would need some backup for your claim. Of course you will probably have to escalate beyond 1st or 2nd level of support to find someone that actually knows what you mean by CCI.

#6 ·
I have the same problem with Time Warner Cincinnati on Mojo. Whenever I have tried to record Howard Stern it is deleted within two hours bec of the flag.

Thanks moyekj for the info. I will report it to them and see if anything happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.