TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and came up blank. I think I know the answer, and that answer is "no." But I want to check with the experts.

Is there any way to have an ARWL only record if the given program is of a minimum duration? My application is that I like to have about ten hours of CMT videos available at any given time. So I have an ARWL with it set to keep 3 episodes. Sometimes an episode is 5 hours, sometimes it is only 15 minutes.

Obviously, I can do a SP, I am not stuck on doing an ARWL. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

· Neurostim Addict
1,451 Posts
No, there's no way to do that, but you might want to set manual recordings instead of wishlists or SPs. I don't know how CMT works, but if it's more or less continuous videos, then you can set a manual repeating recording to capture some random 3 hours of it, Keep At Most=3. I do something like that on the audio music channels.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying we can record the audio music channels now? I thought that was not possible. Cool! I will have to give that a shot.

For your cmt suggestion, I do not think that will work, because they are all over the place time-wise. I will just keep what I have been doing. Thanks for the tip all the same.

· Neurostim Addict
1,451 Posts
chris_h said:
Are you saying we can record the audio music channels now? I thought that was not possible. Cool! I will have to give that a shot.
Standalones have always been able to do that. Only Directivos suffer from that limitation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.