TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a long time since TiVo updated it's rewards. Hopefully we can see some additions and changes soon. Hope there will be the new HD unit there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I too hope the HD unit will go up. I have points expiring at the end of this month I'd love to use on the new TiVo HD instead of getting a DT.

·
TiVoBlog.com
229 Posts
SnakeEyes said:
I don't even have to look to respond to this. TiVo Series 3 is NOT the TiVo HD.
I don't get what you are saying. The user wanted to know when the NEW HD unit ie: TiVo HD when be available on TiVo rewards. Am I missing something?

·
I
2,481 Posts
50,000 points or 10 referrals for a item that can easily be found for $280 doesn't sound right to me. works out to $28 per referral.

I remember the good ole days when 20,000 points or 4 referrals could get you a $300 iPod. Which worked out to $75 per referral.

·
Registered
33 Posts
50k points for the HD Tivo doesn't seem a little steep it seems a LOT steep!

Let's see...

Series 3 Tivo = $800 = 75,000 points = 93.75 points per dollar
HD Tivo = $300 = 50,000 points = 166.7 points per dollar

That's just not right.

Tivo shouldn't try to give us the shaft for using their reward points. They should be, I don't know, REWARDING us!

·
Hardcore TiVo Geek
3,302 Posts
Oh, get over it. The S3 is really more like $600 in the real world, so 125 points/dollar. The TiVoHD is really about $300 even outside of TiVo.com. So the difference isn't as great.

And the S2DT is 25,000, the HD is 50,000, and the S3 is 75,000 - simple.

The 80-hour S2DT is $100 from TiVo.com - so that's *250* points/dollar. Look at it as a curve - the more referrals you make, the more each one is worth. It *is* a reward for bringing in more referrals.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We're not in the "Real World" now are we. You can't use reward points in the real world, so we can't compare prices to the real world.

TiVo also isn't setting their reward point prices based on the real world prices either.

Although you are right, the DT is even worse.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If we are talking real world then the S2DT may be worse. These can be had with patience for $75.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts