TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cat God
17,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yahoo Photos will be no more come September 20th, 2007. Actually as of now I don't have access to my Yahoo Photos via Yahoo's site anymore. I can still view them on my TiVo, but can't add/change/delete them.

I'm assuming come September 20th, Yahoo will wipe them out completely and the Yahoo Photos app will just fail to work completely.

Any ideas what's going to replace it or is just going to stick around and be broken?

·
Frustrated TiVoHD'er
118 Posts
Conodor said:
hopefully they replace it with thier flikr site.
They may as well swap out that program slot right now, you can't sign up for new Yahoo Photo accounts. Only existing onces can be used right now. I think a Flickr program would be good to roll out tho. I might actually sign up for a Flickr account and setup a site, under these circumstances.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,616 Posts
I'm surprised they haven't moved it to Flickr yet, that is the logical choice since Yahoo owns them and made it the default move for Yahoo! Photos! Accounts!

Diane

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
In effect, Flickr has replaces Yahoo Photos.

It is just they cannot, for legal reasons, arbitrarily move Yahoo Photos accounts to Flickr. Yahoo Photos users have to take the initiative on their own to move their account to to Flickr.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is actually very easy to switch to Flickr. Yahoo sent me the e-mail for the switch and it took only a few minutes to do. Then it e-mailed me when the transfer was complete. All in all a painless switch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also wish TiVo would say something! I switched my photos to Shutterfly because I do not like Flickr. I keep my photos as private and family in different parts of the country were always able to see them on their TiVo. The way I understand it, with Flickr if you have private photos people you invite to see them have to have an account with Flickr. Some don't want that. So for now I will use Shutterfly. But I wish TiVo would link to something that would make it easy to share my photos with friends and family again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.