TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bone marrow lover!
10,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want one channel from cable. Thats all.
Hard to validate spending $50+ for one channel.

And the only reason Comcast has maintained the "ace" is because of a loophole on how it is transmitted. Which was suppost to go to court. Not sure if it ever did or not.

If I could get a base package or something for $20 or so bucks I would do it. But cheapest package that has it is over $53/month.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is an outside shot that Comcast might be forced to offer CSN Philly to Sat. There's a group that wants to make that a requirement for aquiring Adelphia. Last I heard the issue is still up in the air, but it's very doubtful anyone would hold them to it. I have a google news alert on this issue, so I've been keeping an eye on it.

·
Bone marrow lover!
10,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fios? Really? Cause so far Verzion doesn't look like it will be adding any service to NJ anytime soon. Looks like the bill they were trying to inact was put on hold. Not sure what that will all end up meaning though.

Do you have any reference of where that was stated?

·
Unresponsive User
1,136 Posts
From a post I made in another forum:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051209/SPORTS/512100328/1002/SPORTS

"To this point, South Jersey sports fans' only option if they want to watch the Phillies, Sixers and Flyers is to subscribe to Comcast since the majority of the teams' games are televised on Comcast SportsNet."

"Comcast SportsNet is not available to subscribers of DirecTV or DISH Network, the two leading satellite providers. Because of the way it distributes SportsNet, Comcast is allowed to withhold it from satellite competitors through the so-called "terrestrial loophole."

"Verizon officials are confident they won't run into the same legal roadblock in offering its video service, called FiOS TV. Verizon is optimistic that when it launches in New Jersey, Comcast SportsNet, CN8, The Golf Channel and OLN -- all Comcast entities -- will be part of its channel offerings."

* The Courier Post is based in Camden.

·
Unresponsive User
1,136 Posts
Just in Philly !

(Read the second paragraph, above.)

The Baltimore/Washington version of Comcast Sportsnet is transmitted using a different method.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.