TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,921 Posts
I thought it was a short-run, one-time shot.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Warren said:
It sucks when they try to make a 2 hour movie out of a few pages of book.
The next one they're mangling is his short story "The Mist." Not sure if it'll be a tv movie or in the theaters but it's currently in production.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Raimi said:
The next one they're mangling is his short story "The Mist." Not sure if it'll be a tv movie or in the theaters but it's currently in production.
Frank Darabont, the writer and director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, wrote and directed The Mist.

Dimension Films will release The Mist in theaters November 21st, 2007.

·
ECT
9,691 Posts
The begining of The Mist, where they're in the supermarket....

That's the supermarket we used to shop at when we would go on vacation up in Maine. It was pretty cool reading a story written based on a real place I knew well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
FilmCritic3000 said:
Frank Darabont, the writer and director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, wrote and directed The Mist.

Dimension Films will release The Mist in theaters November 21st, 2007.
I like both of those movies. Sounds like The Mist is in good hands. :)

·
Registered
26,132 Posts
did anybody play the mist interactive fiction ("text adventure") game?

I loved the Green Mile book (I didn't get duped into buying it serialized), but the movie was blah, even though I really like Tom Hanks. I even tend to like the TV movies or 'crappier' movies which most people don't seem to like.

hmm, the wikipedia entry on the mist doesn't have anything about the game, at least in a quick skim/search for obvious words like 'game'.

I would love to see a version of "Survivor Type"!

·
Coney Island Small
32,719 Posts
mattack said:
did anybody play the mist interactive fiction ("text adventure") game?

hmm, the wikipedia entry on the mist doesn't have anything about the game, at least in a quick skim/search for obvious words like 'game'.
Are you thinking of Myst? If so, it had zero to do with the Stephen King story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts