TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Atomike said:
Dude, read a Wiki or something before you post again. While it's possible that a DVD is 24 fps, you don't own one, and have never watched one. It almost never happens. Name a title you own thats encoded at 24 fps. I'll wait for your response.
I think, perhaps, you need to do some reading. You seem to be confusing the encoding rate with the decoding rate.

Most film-based DVDs are encoded at 24 FPS and then decoded by the player for playback at 29.97 fps. The encoding includes telecine flags to indicate it needs 3:2 pulldown processing.

Quoting from another post on another site
"
Take any modern commerical DVD and open the VOBs in DGIndex. If you decode with "Honor Pulldown Flags" enabled, the decoded framerate will actually be 29.97i. If you decode with "Forced Film" enabled, DGIndex will simply assume framerate to be 23.976 fps and ignore all the repeat flags. If the DVD was encoded with a good encoder (these days most commercial DVDs are), the entire film will come out as pure 23.976p.
"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.