TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my first TIVO Christmas 2003 and loved it. I was a huge proponent of the TIVO service. This year added a second TIVO with DVD Recorder from Humax. Put both systems on the Media Option(wireless network). Since my main digital cable box was hooked up on my 80 hour TIVO and recieves the majority of my movie content Starz,HBO, etc would transfer movies form the original TIVO to my new TIVO with burner. And copy the content I desired.Transfer went fine but when I went to burn the transferred content it said material was transferred from an incompatible DVR(which is of course a TIVO box). Contacted customer support and they said that you cannot burn content from another DVR transferred via the HOME media option. What bunk? Having visited this board and visited TIVO's site I have never seen this. Now I have purchased the new burner with TIVO with no use. I feel I was miscommunicated too and owning several thousand shares of TIVO stock and having espoused its uses I am angry to say the least. If this is how they are falling behind technology wise and from a customer communication standpoint :down: I see dark days ahead. Not good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rlc1 said:
Since this is a few days old I probably won't even get a response....but I am confused as to why the original poster doesn't just hook up the Tivo with the DVD recorder to the TV with the cable box. In other words, just swap the Tivos. Am I missing something?
Did not want to have to add a second cable box. I have now so problem is solved. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.