TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Enlightened
7,452 Posts
LoadStar said:
No, but it was a limited run series (4 episodes, I believe).
I really don't get pulling it, then. The show's already shot and paid for. Are reruns of 'Til Death really going to get dramatically better ratings? They certainly aren't going to get the press/internet/water cooler attention that Anchorwoman was getting, despite the poor ratings, and any publicity is good publicity.

· Face For Radio
18,297 Posts
Just watched it via the On Demand website, because I missed it the other night.

Not the greatest reality show ever done, but it had a moment or two. The editing makes it appear like the one anchor (Annalisa) wants to throw Lauren Jones into the street. Ah, manufactured conflict, one would presume.

As an anchor/reporter, at least in the segments they showed, Ms. Jones is not awful. Not really quite "good" at this point, but I've seen dozens of anchor/reporters in markets the size of Tyler/Longview or smaller who are worse, and they're regulars.

The point was made earlier here - a station which prominently features "Stormy The Weather Dog" doesn't have a lot of room for its staffers to complain about journalistic integrity. And this is by far not the first time in TV history that an allegedly attractive woman with little more than modeling experience has been hired to be a news anchor. Even in markets much larger than Tyler.

Folks who live in the market - is KYTX the "laughing stock" of the market?

Oh, and from everything I've read, "Stormy" is a regular part of their on-air broadcasts. He was not just there for this show.

If you go to the station's website, you'll be greeted with "Stormy" barking when you move the cursor over his picture at the top left. No, I'm not kidding. On his bio on the station's website, it says he's been there since last November.

During the 5pm newscast Stormy’s wardrobe will help Deason deliver his nightly weather forecast to viewers. If the weather dog is wearing a sweater viewers will know they are in store for a cool weather forecast. If Stormy is dressed in a parka, those tuning in will know it is time to bundle up.

At 6 and 10pm the dog will at times accompany the CBS 19 meteorologist as he delivers his weathercast. At the end of the weather segment Stormy will emerge from his doghouse to push a button to activate his evening “Dog Walking Forecast”. This will inform viewers graphically what the weather will be like as they take an evening stroll with their own pampered pet.
The dog was apparently "saved out of a shelter" by the station GM, inspired by a similar move from a station in Houston. No word on if the Houston station put their dog in a doghouse, dressed him up and buzzed open a doghouse for him to walk out during the show.

· Face For Radio
18,297 Posts
The station is known as "CBS 19" - the CBS references edited out of the FOX reality show for obvious reasons. (And I believe the station itself carried the show, which would have been declined by that market's FOX affiliate.)

Interestingly enough, our local CBS affiliate is also known as "CBS 19".

And no, they don't have "Stormy the Weather Dog" dressed in a raincoat showing viewers that it will rain...but they do have something KYTX does not have:

Two female anchors who have been seen naked all over the Internet.

No, I'm not making that up.

· Wild Hair
4,925 Posts
Inundated said:
The station is known as "CBS 19" - the CBS references edited out of the FOX reality show for obvious reasons. (And I believe the station itself carried the show, which would have been declined by that market's FOX affiliate.)

Interestingly enough, our local CBS affiliate is also known as "CBS 19".

And no, they don't have "Stormy the Weather Dog" dressed in a raincoat showing viewers that it will rain...but they do have something KYTX does not have:

Two female anchors who have been seen naked all over the Internet.

No, I'm not making that up.
you tell use this with out giving there names how dare you.

· Face For Radio
18,297 Posts
Warren said:
you tell use this with out giving there names how dare you.
What, why should I mention Sharon Reed and Catherine Bosley? What good would it do? :)

Neither one is really *attractive* in my eyes for various reasons.

Ms. Reed's "Body of Art" fiasco was actually on purpose - she did a story on-air where she took part in one of those Spencer Tunick mass-nude-photo shoots, in downtown Cleveland.

They showed her taking off her clothing, in low light and from a distance, and not frontal, to get ready for the shoot. The incident got worldwide attention and even landed Sharon on the David Letterman show. (Which - cue TV synergy here! - is on the same network her station airs.)

Ms. Bosley's tale is far another. While an anchor for the Youngstown OH CBS affiliate, she and her husband vacationed in Florida, and had just gotten a diagnosis that cleared her of cancer.

To "celebrate", she went out to a Key West bar, and somehow ended up participating in a wet T-shirt contest that, well, ended up with her without that T-shirt or anything else on.

Someone was taking pictures, and she was assured that, no, they wouldn't leave the bar's bulletin board - until someone scanned in every single one and put them on the Internet.

She was basically forced out of that Youngstown station, and oddly enough, ended up being interviewed by Ms. Reed on the Cleveland CBS affiliate. Both wore clothes.

And that Cleveland station hired Ms. Bosley as a freelance reporter a year or so later. She's a regular member of their staff now.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.