TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,510 Posts
I worked for several years at the ABC affiliate in Lufkin, which is owned by the same company that owns the ABC affiliate in Tyler.

I recognized Phil Hurley, the station owner/manager. Prior to starting KYTX, he was responsible for building the NBC stations in Nacogdoches and Tyler.

There's one other guy that I recognized, but I can't remember his name. He was the black guy in the background a lot...he was the one laughing with the chief photog while they were playing back the video of Lauren dancing in the background of the live shot.

The problem is, I've either worked with him in Lufkin, Tyler, or at the ABC station here in Houston, but I can't remember which one and it's bothering me!!

· Registered
1,510 Posts
ParadiseDave said:
I was born and raised in Tyler, and worked for Phil Hurley at KETK (REEEgion 56 back then) for 5 years. Howdy, betativoII and etexlady! Butch Adair from KLTV gave me my start in television back in 1987, running cameras and sound at Marvin Methodist church.

I have this show recorded, but will not have time to watch it until this weeked. I can't wait to see if anyone I know from KETK moved over to KYTX with Phil.
Yeah, KETK was our competition. I worked at KTRE for several years. I would go to Tyler on occasion, so I knew a few folks at KLTV, but we are talking 12 years ago. But being in the "biz" in a small market, I knew of Phil Hurley just by name.

I am still bothered because I recognize that one guy, but can't from where I know him...he's the one who Lauren winked and waved at in the newsroom during the morning meeting. He winked and smiled back at her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.