TiVo Community Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1607 Posts

·
Thrice as nice
10,805 Posts
Fastest time gives you nothing but bragging rights. But the faster you are, the later you'll run in semifinals. So you can watch others attempt to do the obstacles before you, which is an advantage.

And I agree he should have tried the megawall.

·
UHDTV Snob
13,395 Posts
Fastest time gives you nothing but bragging rights. But the faster you are, the later you'll run in semifinals. So you can watch others attempt to do the obstacles before you, which is an advantage.

And I agree he should have tried the megawall.
OK so which one is it? LOL

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,563 ·
No ANW Monday night. Olympic trials (swimming).

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,564 ·
Quick update! When American Ninja Warrior returns from its one-week hiatus, the show will start an hour later than usual, at 9 pm EST/8 pm CST.

·
Registered
18,282 Posts
Damn, that Walker kid is something else. To scale the Mega Wall at 5' 5" is pretty damn amazing! (Of course, Strong at 5'6" was pretty good too.)

·
Thrice as nice
10,805 Posts
I feel bad for Brandon Mears who fell on the balance obstacle like 5 years in a row, falling again this year. It's totally in his head, and he's planning to call it quits. I was hoping he'd get past it this year.

·
randomize
4,975 Posts
I feel bad for Brandon Mears who fell on the balance obstacle like 5 years in a row, falling again this year. It's totally in his head, and he's planning to call it quits. I was hoping he'd get past it this year.
Yeah, that was tough to watch. You just knew it was bad with how long he was taking to get going. He was in his own head too much. I am surprised he picked the one he picked. It seems like the other one would be better.

·
Cynical old guy
1,876 Posts
That last kid was amazing. My money is on him to win. Regarding Grant, or any other highly trained athlete who falls, all of that training has to be followed with perfect concentration and zero mistakes. "One Moment in Time"

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,570 ·
From ANWnation...

Heads up! We have a programming announcement for you.

• There is no American Ninja Warrior on Monday, July 5.
  • Night five of the Qualifiers will air on Monday, July 12, at 8 pm EST/PST.
This coming Monday, game four of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals will take the show's place. We know. We know. This isn't awesome information for the hardcore Ninja Warrior fans. But hey! Think of it as extending the exciting anticipation. Night five is the final night of the Qualifiers. Once that episode airs, we'll know all of our Semifinalists and the show will move to the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot in Los Angeles. We'll see the extended 10-obstacle course and the return of the Power Tower.

So plan some extra holiday weekend activities. American Ninja Warrior won't take up your time this coming Monday.

One more time: American Ninja Warrior will not be on the air on Monday, July 5. The show will return with night five of the Qualifiers on Monday, July 12 at 8 pm EST/PST.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Flex LaBreck is always impressive.

That bit with the razor seemed more contrived than usual, though:
"Who can we get to shave the twins' hair?"
"I know -- let's get Taylor Amann to do it! I think she's still around here somewhere."
"Okay, but let's not show too much of her so let's digest her run."

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,574 ·
Agree on Flex. She has become a monster of the course. Consistent, determined, successful.

It really annoys me when a contestant comes to Split Decision, and stops and weighs a decision. "On one hand, on the other hand...". Even worse, mug for the folks back home, and "get their vote". If you look at the results, the top 30 are decided by seconds. Eighteen people fell on Sideways, and only twelve of them went on to the Semis. Those other six were timed out. How many of them stopped and mugged for the cameras and the crowd? Just run the effing course!

On to the Semifinals, next Monday!

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,577 ·
Enjoyed the first night of the semis. Although sad to see my fellow Houstonian, the Big Dog, Jody Avila, land in 16th place (when the top 15 go to the Finals). Another Houstonian, 17 year old Isabella Wakeham, did make it. Along with her brother.

I thought the Split Decision was well placed. Upper body torture, or really tough balance obstacle? Only the top dogs have the strength & stamina to survive what is always a tough obstacle #9, so offering a balance obstacle created a real dilemma. Here are the results:

Semifinals night one

Inverter: 8 (1 success)
Tuning Forks: 7 (3 successes)

No more ANW for three weeks...

American Ninja Warrior will return on August 9, after the Olympic games

Okay, you had to know this article was coming, right? NBC is the broadcasting home of the Tokyo Olympic games, which means American Ninja Warrior will take a break for a few weeks. American Ninja Warrior will return with night two of the Semifinals on Monday, August 9, at 8 pm EST/PST. Ninja Warrior, which usually airs on Mondays, will not be shown on July 26 or August 2. NBC will go basically all-Olympic at the end of this week.

·
Now with more GB
3,507 Posts
There's something off about the schedule...they had five qualifiers, so you would think they would have five semi-finals. However, if the second semi-final is on 8/9, then the fifth would be on 8/30, and there would be only two nights of Vegas finals, as NBC has already announced The Voice will return on Monday 9/20.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,579 ·
There's something off about the schedule...they had five qualifiers, so you would think they would have five semi-finals. However, if the second semi-final is on 8/9, then the fifth would be on 8/30, and there would be only two nights of Vegas finals, as NBC has already announced The Voice will return on Monday 9/20.
Episode 6 - Semi-Finals Round 1 - 7/19/21
Episode 7 - Semi-Finals Round 2 - 8/9/21
Episode 8 - Semi-Finals Round 3 - 8/16/21
Episode 9 - Semi-Finals Round 4 - 8/23/21
Episode 10 - Las Vegas Finals Stage 1 Part 1 - 8/30/21
Episode 11 - Las Vegas Finals Stage 1 Part 2 - 9/6/21
Episode 11 - Las Vegas Finals Stage 2 - 9/13

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,580 ·
I'm guessing we won't be seeing the Drop Zone after tonight. :weary: