TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Poster of News
29,724 Posts
Doesn't evicted mean you didn't pay your rent or some such thing? Or was it emminent domain and they wanted to build an office center and she had to be evicted?

anywhooo

Where were these guys for the audition? They are very close to Denver right? And I think at least 2 of them are pretty good.

· Hooked on TiVo
210 Posts
ebonovic said:
...RPS said that Clay didn't have the "look", but he had an over powering voice. (knowing that if he could survive, and get his "face" into the hands of the expert "make-over" people, that they may be could over come that.... result... One of the most successfull results from the AI series.
Can someone check the official anatomical dictionary and tell me if ears count as part of the "face"?

;)

· I've got Jewbs!
2,394 Posts
ebonovic said:
How old was the cowboy... I am so glad they put him through... I think in 5 years he has been the most "geniune" contestant... At least with that move, AI gain a little respect back in my book...

Quote of the night: "I've only sung to Turkeys....."
We argued at work the next day about how old he was. I had to watch him again; his name is Garet and he is 18. He was GREEN as they come, but Simon was right, there is a good voice in there somewhere. :eek:

I also liked it when Ryan said that Garet is used to singing before a judge with a puffed up chest and a wrinkly neck, and then they showed Simon! :up: :D

I liked Ace. Great Smile, nice voice, CUTE CUTE CUTE! He's no Constantine, but the cutest so far. I LOVE AI! :rolleyes:

· Registered
7,391 Posts
newsposter said:
Doesn't evicted mean you didn't pay your rent or some such thing? Or was it emminent domain and they wanted to build an office center and she had to be evicted?

anywhooo

Where were these guys for the audition? They are very close to Denver right? And I think at least 2 of them are pretty good.

Fingerbang, bang, fingerbang!!!!

· Registered
653 Posts
I don't think the cowboy is going far, despite the fact that some liked him. His voice seemed okay, but nerves are pretty hard to overcome, and looking good on stage takes more practice than standing in front of a turkey.
I think it was pretty obvious that the only reason he made it is because Randy wanted to give the kid something nice to remember with the plane trip. Let's face it, that's going to be the highlite of this kids life. There may be some potential in the voice, but it's not something that's going to be fixed in the time period they have. I thought it was a classy move by Randy though. The culture shock going to LA might just kill the kid though.

True, but it's no Rock Star
I kept thinking while watching that man, it was nice knowing that Rock Star is supposedly coming back. It made suffering through AI a little easier.

· The Gimp
16,381 Posts
gschrock said:
Let's face it, that's going to be the highlite of this kids life.
Up to this point, possibly. But living a simpler life as far as society is concerned isn't necessarily a bad thing. It is kind of refreshing that in this day and age something as simple as a trip to LA could make an 18 year old whoop and holler with excitement.

Whether he makes it any farther or not I bet he appreciates the experience better than many of the others.

· Registered
653 Posts
Don't get me wrong, in no way was I trying to criticise his life. Quite frankly, after a couple day s of tracking down computers with viruses on them, I could probably envy him his life. I honestly don't think he's going to last long, but I do feel Randy did a good thing, because he knew what a thrill it would be for this kid.

· Hi. What is this?
7,790 Posts
gschrock said:
Don't get me wrong, in no way was I trying to criticise his life. Quite frankly, after a couple day s of tracking down computers with viruses on them, I could probably envy him his life. I honestly don't think he's going to last long, but I do feel Randy did a good thing, because he knew what a thrill it would be for this kid.
They also said he would benefit from lessons, which he couldn't afford. If he gets far enough, lessons will be provided. It's not likely that he'll get that far, but it is possible.

· Progressive User
2,094 Posts
PJO1966 said:
They also said he would benefit from lessons, which he couldn't afford. If he gets far enough, lessons will be provided. It's not likely that he'll get that far, but it is possible.
He was one of the most nervous contestants I've seen on AI. It's possible he sounds a lot better when relaxed. Hopefully he can overcome his nerves before Hollywood.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.