TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· LOAD"*",8,1
35,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· ID-10-T
15,899 Posts
That was a funny show for me. It's heday was like my senior year of high school and college.... So Saturday night was not a time I was at home often but it seems like I saw it quite a bit in a less than sober state.

I thought it was pretty good. I will definately take a peek. I haven't seen Mike Adamle do anything else since then, so maybe he was just biding his time.

· Registered
348 Posts
Hopefully no Theismann this time around. Having watched Ninja Warriors and old American Gladiators, we need to step up the craziness factor to compete with the Japanese.

Wonder if they'll allow roided up gladiators like before.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Definitely going to be watching this. I watched the show when i was younger, still watch the reruns on ESPNC and I have snagged the overseas seasons and international editions. I hope it is in HD. It could certainly work in primetime and has room to be updated for today. They could also screw it up too if they try fiddling with things too much.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
The press release stated that the producers want this version to closely resemble the British incarnation (Gladiators). I've seen a couple of clips of that version on YouTube, and the events and The Eliminator looked much more complex than what the original version here had.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.