1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
TiVo-Wobble
3,213 Posts
I'm so there. I loved that show. It's a tad cheezy now on ESPN reruns but still fun to watch.

KD

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
That was a funny show for me. It's heday was like my senior year of high school and college.... So Saturday night was not a time I was at home often but it seems like I saw it quite a bit in a less than sober state.

I thought it was pretty good. I will definately take a peek. I haven't seen Mike Adamle do anything else since then, so maybe he was just biding his time.

·
Toboggan noggin
13,250 Posts
I still want one of those tennis ball guns.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hopefully no Theismann this time around. Having watched Ninja Warriors and old American Gladiators, we need to step up the craziness factor to compete with the Japanese.

Wonder if they'll allow roided up gladiators like before.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
I've got an autographed glossy 8x10 of Blaze - the PMI that I had during boot was her husband (who was also on a similar show with a name that escapes me at the moment) - also have a glossy autographed 8x10 of that cast...

·
Banned
26,212 Posts
Frankly, I'd rather have a few more junkyard wars that recycling this tired program. I think they're kind of jumping in on Ninja Warrior.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I will watch it but I think this show should be on a cable network

I doubt that it will be very succesful if if they air it it in primetime on any of the major networks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Definitely going to be watching this. I watched the show when i was younger, still watch the reruns on ESPNC and I have snagged the overseas seasons and international editions. I hope it is in HD. It could certainly work in primetime and has room to be updated for today. They could also screw it up too if they try fiddling with things too much.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The press release stated that the producers want this version to closely resemble the British incarnation (Gladiators). I've seen a couple of clips of that version on YouTube, and the events and The Eliminator looked much more complex than what the original version here had.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts