TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the convenience of this service and do take advantage of the .99 weekend special - even the 2.99, 3.99 rental prices aren't bad - Is $14.99 a bit much for a title (Hitch) from '05?

·
Super Moderator
55,339 Posts
Yeah some movies aren't available to "rent", so your only choice is the "buy" for a much higher price. With a "buy" there is no 30 day limit, and no 24 hour watch period, and you can redownload the movie to your TiVo or PC at any time.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes - I know that some titles are for purchase only -I guess my point was that -given the age of the movie in question (not being a new release) that $14.99 is not competitively priced - Convenient? Yes by all means - but not cheap!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The other issue I have is with picture quality of the downloads. I've rented two movies, and the picture quality was not that great (especially when there was movement). I suppose this is due to file size (about 1.8G as compared to around 7G for a normal DVD).

Why spend about the same amount as you would spend on a DVD movie rental or purchase to download a lower-quality rental/purchase? I guess for me the convenience is not a big enough advantage to overcome the disadvantage.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
I use the rent feature from time to time. I like being able to rent from the office and have the video there when I get home. I can't get this to work from the Tivo at all though. It keeps asking for a PIN I never set up and if I try to change it, it tells me the box is already associated with an Amazon account. Duh, I know that but how do I fix the freaking PIN? There's no place to fix that on either Amazon or the Tivo web site so I'm stuck and I have no idea who to call about it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I bought one movie. Not worth $15 IMO and I can't figure out what to do with the movie once I view it. Renting for $00.99 is a fairly good deal and one I use from time to time. I've never rented at the $4 price.

·
Registered
62 Posts
IJustLikeTivo said:
I use the rent feature from time to time. I like being able to rent from the office and have the video there when I get home. I can't get this to work from the Tivo at all though. It keeps asking for a PIN I never set up and if I try to change it, it tells me the box is already associated with an Amazon account. Duh, I know that but how do I fix the freaking PIN? There's no place to fix that on either Amazon or the Tivo web site so I'm stuck and I have no idea who to call about it.
I got an e-mail from Amazon that had a link in it to take you to the page to add your PIN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.