TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great News! Well, except for the new password that i'll have to remember.

Access to a growing library of online movie rentals:
CableCard - YES
Cable Co Set Top Box - NO

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
This should be a good source of income for them. Combined with the Swivel search, it looks like it will be a very simple way to find and download what you want.

This should be in the TiVo Coffee House though - it works on Series 2 units too.

EDIT: oops, another thread about it already is. :)

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,179 Posts
From the email:

To shop for Unbox videos on your TiVo DVR, go to "TiVo Central" and select "Find Programs", "Download TV & Movies", then "Amazon Unbox".
I gave myself a PIN on Amazon.com. But on my S3 I see no such "Download TV & Movies" option. Do I need to wait for some update?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can't wait for any decent video. The quality of Unbox on my 73" tv is like an old VHS tape in 4 X 3 . Who wants to watch such a bad picture? The picture on a PC monitor is much better and I see no reason for the bad quality using the Tivo.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
Fofer said:
From the email:

I gave myself a PIN on Amazon.com. But on my S3 I see no such "Download TV & Movies" option. Do I need to wait for some update?
I'm guessing this might be something that just needs activating, like Swivel Search. Maybe it will work after connecting?

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
slimoli said:
Can't wait for any decent video. The quality of Unbox on my 73" tv is like an old VHS tape in 4 X 3 . Who wants to watch such a bad picture? The picture on a PC monitor is much better and I see no reason for the bad quality using the Tivo.
I think 73" screens are not their target audience currently. :)

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
Fofer said:
From the email:

Check under TivoCast, it should be the first thing listed. Although it doesn't show everything. If there's something you want though, Swivelsearch will find it if it's available Unbox, is my understanding.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,966 Posts
drew00001 said:
Can't wait for HD video!!
THAT'S when I get interested....and not until then. (or at least DVD quality with 5.1 surround sound)

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,179 Posts
Peter000 said:
Check under TivoCast, it should be the first thing listed. Although it doesn't show everything. If there's something you want though, Swivelsearch will find it if it's available Unbox, is my understanding.
I initiated an Update. I see it now. TiVoCast has been renamed to "Download TV & Movies" and Amazon is the first thing listed. :up:

·
Registered
358 Posts
MickeS said:
I think 73" screens are not their target audience currently. :)
True but I think the S3 is not their target audience either. Very few people with a small TV set would buy a S3. The S3 "club" is far more demanding and really want HD, not this crap.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The requirement to have to finish the movie in 24 hours is a deal breaker for me. Until they make it at least 48, I don't see me using it. If you start a movie Friday at 9PM and want to finish it Saturday at 9PM, I believe it will already have self destructed. Sometimes it takes us two nights to finish up the movie. I don't know why they can't just extend the time a bit.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
slimoli said:
True but I think the S3 is not their target audience either. Very few people with a small TV set would buy a S3. The S3 "club" is far more demanding and really want HD, not this crap.
Yep. I think these are directed more towards the Series 2 households.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
rjom said:
The requirement to have to finish the movie in 24 hours is a deal breaker for me. Until they make it at least 48, I don't see me using it. If you start a movie Friday at 9PM and want to finish it Saturday at 9PM, I believe it will already have self destructed. Sometimes it takes us two nights to finish up the movie. I don't know why they can't just extend the time a bit.
This is decided by the content provider, not TiVo. I think other similar services have the same restriction.

I agree that it's a major PITA.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
rjom said:
Actually they wouldn't have to go to 48 hours. Just 30 hours would give you the two night's of viewing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had no luck with Unbox downloads. Today I decided to try the free Jericho Pilot episode and NO LUCK downloading.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I still think they are slightly overpriced. $3.99 to rent and $14.99 to buy is too much. The correct price point on this is more like $1.99 to rent and $9.99 to buy. Still, though, I like the feature.

·
Registered
676 Posts
ncbagwell said:
I still think they are slightly overpriced. $3.99 to rent and $14.99 to buy is too much. The correct price point on this is more like $1.99 to rent and $9.99 to buy. Still, though, I like the feature.
With the current level of quality, I agree. I haven't even used my free credits yet. I'd rather wait a couple days for Netflix. Now if they had HD downloads I'd be on that like stink on poop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts