TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

· Cheesehead
11,788 Posts
BIH Amazing Race!
Did the "to be continued!" Omg! That ticked me off!

And I need your help, hive mind.
Claire reminds me of an actress. Her face, voice, even her mannerisms...any thoughts? It's driving me crazy!
TIA!
Totally annoyed at that too! After Survivor and Amazing Race, CBS aired a repeat of So Help Me Todd. A Repeat!!! Next week, they're pullling the same crap, airing a repeat of Fire Country after TAR.

When I first saw Claire, she reminded me of Harmony, a character from BtVS and Angel, 20ish years ago. The actress is/was Mercedes McNab. Nose Smile Cheek Skin Lip

I've never seen a young Rhea Seehorn, and googling that seems creepy. ;) The only other thing I remember her in was Whitney.

I really wanted a plate of those fish! They looked great. I grew up eating fried smelt. I love all those small fish. Smelt, herring, sardines, anchovies.

Well, looks like one of my two favorites, the Brothers and Sisters, might be the next to go. Or just creative editing.

· Palindromer
19,891 Posts
Man, that Picasso challenge really screwed the brothers... That was absolutely their demise...

Well, wait a moment... Didn't they catch up to the other teams during the fish bake? Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, I am enjoying this season, though I do miss the mad dash to the airports to secure flights... Somehow, it is just not the same now that they have the TAR chartered flights...

Man, Claire really completely lost it emotionally after that height/tightrope challenge... Good on her for keeping it together during the challenge though... I was a little surprised that no one took the wrong flag... Especially when most of them claimed that they had "no idea"... There's no way they all "guessed" right... The odds just aren't in favor of that happening... They must have all had some latent memory of the flag that the "tour guide" was waving around in the previous challenge...

Any of these four remaining racers could win this...and I would be good with them... Not a rotten one in the bunch in my opinion... I am personally pulling for Derek and Claire, but would not be upset if someone else won...

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,078 Posts
Man, that Picasso challenge really screwed the brothers... That was absolutely their demise...

Well, wait a moment... Didn't they catch up to the other teams during the fish bake? Or am I mistaken?
The brothers were at the fish challenge at the same time as the sisters, but they got there after the sisters and finished after the sisters. So they were close to at least one team after the Picasso challenge, but never fully even.

Man, Claire really completely lost it emotionally after that height/tightrope challenge... Good on her for keeping it together during the challenge though... I was a little surprised that no one took the wrong flag... Especially when most of them claimed that they had "no idea"... There's no way they all "guessed" right... The odds just aren't in favor of that happening... They must have all had some latent memory of the flag that the "tour guide" was waving around in the previous challenge...
I thought the same thing and wondered if they just edited out any team having to re-do the tightrope if it didn't end up affecting the order.

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,976 Posts
When they were told they needed to choose the Andalusian flag the immediate reaction was "I don't know what that flag looks like": the tour guide was holding the flag however there was nothing to indicate that it was the Andalusian flag. But once they looked at the options the first few said "this one looks familiar" and probably that was true for everyone else as well. I'm pretty sure they would have shown it if someone had to do that challenge twice: that would have been interesting TV.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,603 Posts
The brothers were at the fish challenge at the same time as the sisters, but they got there after the sisters and finished after the sisters. So they were close to at least one team after the Picasso challenge, but never fully even.

I thought the same thing and wondered if they just edited out any team having to re-do the tightrope if it didn't end up affecting the order.
Or maybe the sense the panic in many of them doing the challenge and kind of cheated and gave them the answer

· Registered
3,002 Posts
Final four is good! The sisters are amazing to keep pushing on!
Acrophobia can be devastating... I found I had problems on this little bridge on
top of a mountain in Chamonix! Took me two trips to the bar to get across that short walkway!

· "Just The Facts"
19,818 Posts
This has been the best season of TAR in a long time. I really like that they removed the non elimination legs. I can’t remember having all teams so close near the end of a leg. There’s usually one team totally out of it. I guess it ended that way because someone never learned how to swim.
I’d really like to see the twins win or Derek and Claire.

· Cheesehead
11,788 Posts
Loved the beginning of the episode. Right as they were getting out of the helicopters on the glacier in Greenland Iceland, my broadcast was interrupted by an EAS message for an avalanche warning here in Idaho.

The Roadblock and the fissure challenge were awesome! Glad to see the sisters made it to the final three, but I can't see them winning. I'm thinking Derek & Claire might have it.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,603 Posts
I like the Spanish team (they mentioned the man is from Spanish heritage, can't remember if they are married or not) just a little less than the other two teams, mostly because the guy is just a bit arrogant and, there are too many "come on baby" for my taste. But I don't DISLIKE them either. The twins have been my favorite team the whole season and and I've liked the Big Brother team a lot too. Interesting that there are 4 women and 2 men in the finals. I think that's really cool.

· Palindromer
19,891 Posts
I like Michelle and her positivity, but Luis annoys me with his constant over-the-top behavior. He has been better as the race has gone on, but can still be annoying at times.
I don't recall anyone who has attacked a height challenge (or any challenge for that matter) with as much glee as Michelle did on that tightrope challenge... My goodness, I had a huge smile on my face as I watched her attack that challenge!

101 - 120 of 148 Posts