TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 148 Posts

· Registered
1,899 Posts
I wonder how far back Glenda and Lumumba actually were? The edit make it look like they were close, but I'd guess they lost a lot of time when their vehicle was in the ditch, and they were already 15 minutes behind the nearest teams when leaving. Plus, the reason they ended up in the ditch was because they took a wrong turn somewhere, so I'd guess they were likely at least an hour back at all times.

· Registered
482 Posts
Often you can look at the teams' shadows as they arrive at the mat in order to estimate how far apart they are. Sometimes it's clear the last team arrived hours after the rest. Overcast skies ruins this bit of detective work here, but I suspect you're right and it wasn't even close.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
Another shadow watcher here! I'm good with the cast this year. I think the weakest culled out pretty much in order of capabilities. I'm rooting for Marcus and Michael! They seem to get lost occasionally but nothing has phased them.The Jordanian detour was less than interesting to me and likely cost one couple the race.

· Librocubicularist
23,435 Posts
I don't particularly dislike any of the teams now that the motivational speakers are gone... just they're all kind of blah. If I had to pick any of them, I guess I'm rooting for Claire and Derek.

· Registered
553 Posts
I was really rooting for Glenda & Lumumba. I didn't have much hope they'd be successful, but I loved their attitude and how they treated each other. Never yelling at their partner, never blaming their partner, just expressing their love and respect. Not to brag, OK I'll brag, they reminded me of how my wife and I handle things.

· Hi. What is this?
10,456 Posts
I wonder how far back Glenda and Lumumba actually were? The edit make it look like they were close, but I'd guess they lost a lot of time when their vehicle was in the ditch, and they were already 15 minutes behind the nearest teams when leaving. Plus, the reason they ended up in the ditch was because they took a wrong turn somewhere, so I'd guess they were likely at least an hour back at all times.
There was a post-race interview. They said
They never saw another team once throughout the entire leg. They weren't even close to catching up.

I really liked them a lot, and it goes without saying that if there's ever a movie made about them Kevin Hart is a lock for Lumumba. :D

· Palindromer
19,880 Posts
I like Derek and Claire for no other reason than familiarity... I watched their season of Big Brother. I also watched Derek's season of The Challenge. And I follow both of them on IG. I always wonder how much these reality show contestants get in compensation related to their "fame" from these shows. Derek and Claire are a great example of contestants who aren't completely "killing it", but also have not dropped off the face of the planet.

So much money is made by the number of eye balls on social media accounts, but you have to figure out how to monetize that volume through advertisements, endorsements, etc... And I don't see them doing much of that...

I like Claire's personality... She works (supposedly still) as a software engineer at Microsoft, so she probably carries a $150K-ish salary... She is physically a little awkward compared to some of the stereo-typical women who have high social media followers... She's a bit of a tom-boy...she has a little bit of a hunching posture (much as I do, which is not terribly great for one's back) and has a giraffe-like grace ... I like her because she feels "real" and familiar to me... I work with more people like Claire than I do the barbies and social media beauty queens...

Derek is funny... He's not your stereotypical Asian American kid raised by "tiger parents". As some of you know, I am Asian American myself, and while my parents were not "tiger parents", I have seen first hand account of a lot of my AA peers that have been raised very stereotypically...

So yeah... I am rooting for Derek and Claire... I like them both... Not sure how well they will do as we approach the end though... Claire has proven to be mediocre (and sometimes poor) at the challenges... And Derek is no super star either... We'll see...

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,424 Posts
I like Claire simply because she looks a lot like Rhea Seehorn (Kim Wexler on Better Call Saul) and that's a plus in my book. :D

· CreativelyChallenged
2,544 Posts
So many in this cast are great fun to watch! I came in with a positive bias to Claire and Derek from BB, the twins are incredible, Luis and Michelle totally won me over with their cheerfulness and positive energy, and I can't help but respect the Marine brothers' navigational skillsets.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,501 Posts
I like Derek and Claire for no other reason than familiarity... I watched their season of Big Brother. I also watched Derek's season of The Challenge. And I follow both of them on IG. I always wonder how much these reality show contestants get in compensation related to their "fame" from these shows. Derek and Claire are a great example of contestants who aren't completely "killing it", but also have not dropped off the face of the planet.

So much money is made by the number of eye balls on social media accounts, but you have to figure out how to monetize that volume through advertisements, endorsements, etc... And I don't see them doing much of that...

I like Claire's personality... She works (supposedly still) as a software engineer at Microsoft, so she probably carries a $150K-ish salary... She is physically a little awkward compared to some of the stereo-typical women who have high social media followers... She's a bit of a tom-boy...she has a little bit of a hunching posture (much as I do, which is not terribly great for one's back) and has a giraffe-like grace ... I like her because she feels "real" and familiar to me... I work with more people like Claire than I do the barbies and social media beauty queens...

Derek is funny... He's not your stereotypical Asian American kid raised by "tiger parents". As some of you know, I am Asian American myself, and while my parents were not "tiger parents", I have seen first hand account of a lot of my AA peers that have been raised very stereotypically...

So yeah... I am rooting for Derek and Claire... I like them both... Not sure how well they will do as we approach the end though... Claire has proven to be mediocre (and sometimes poor) at the challenges... And Derek is no super star either... We'll see...
I follow nobody on social media, as once they are off whatever show they were on, I couldn't care less about them. But I like them because they seem to genuinely like each other and work well as a team. I also like the military brothers and the twins, because they seem to have their stuff together and are fun to watch, and it's fun watching the twins discover everything about each other that they do similar despite not growing up together. If there's one couple I sorta don't like, it's the one with the guy who's sort of loud (the girl was wearing read yoga pants this week, and they were in first place going into the past leg). The guy sort of rubs me the wrong way (Luis, I think his name is). But they aren't really too bad. I happen to be liking this season a lot. The places they are visiting are interesting and different. The one thing I do miss, is the airport scenes and them trying to figure out the best flights to take.

· I've got Jewbs!
2,393 Posts
BIH Amazing Race!
Did the "to be continued!" Omg! That ticked me off!

And I need your help, hive mind.
Claire reminds me of an actress. Her face, voice, even her mannerisms...any thoughts? It's driving me crazy!
TIA!

· "Just The Facts"
19,805 Posts
BIH Amazing Race!
Did the "to be continued!" Omg! That ticked me off!

And I need your help, hive mind.
Claire reminds me of an actress. Her face, voice, even her mannerisms...any thoughts? It's driving me crazy!
TIA!
I figured it would be a "to be continued" episode when one of the teams mentioned it was a mega leg.

81 - 100 of 148 Posts