TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
The Dude abides
7,296 Posts
Desiree ain't too shabby neither.

I can't wait for this to come back. I wasn't a super-hater of the family edition, but I will definitely welcome the return of the regular edition. It's gonna be great.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think this should be a great season-- as they want to regain some of the momentum they lost with "8"

·
Got Basenji?
9,603 Posts
Cool, I was hoping it would not be too late before the new one started.

·
The One and Only
1,243 Posts
I'm really interested to see whether the Family Edition ruined the show for me. I'm really hoping it didn't, because before it, TAR was probably in my top 5 favorite shows on TV.

·
Banned
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marco said:
So are those two guys closeted or WHAT?
Don't have a read on Scott but that John character is in the closet as about as far as Rosie or Ellen where. :D

That picture had to be taken just as he was about to belt out a show tune.

·
Go Pats!
9,584 Posts
Dani and Danielle....

:up: :up:

·
Face For Radio
25,334 Posts
Marco said:
So are those two guys closeted or WHAT?
Road trips to Provincetown, MA? Nah.

Looks like we have another "do we tell them we're gay?" couple, ala Reichen and Chip. I just hope they don't spend the first three episodes wondering if they should tell the other teams, like every 5 minutes. Look, guys, don't make a big deal out of it...you worry about it more than they do, likely.

·
Konner Kringle
6,482 Posts
John & Scott... what a weird bio. "John, who is single" and "Scott, who is in sales." Um, so is Scott married or partnered? Provincetown certainly raises a pink flag.

BJ & Tyler - obviously this season's clowns.

·
Hi. What is this?
11,731 Posts
Inundated said:
Road trips to Provincetown, MA? Nah.

Looks like we have another "do we tell them we're gay?" couple, ala Reichen and Chip. I just hope they don't spend the first three episodes wondering if they should tell the other teams, like every 5 minutes. Look, guys, don't make a big deal out of it...you worry about it more than they do, likely.
It doesn't sound like they're a couple... it sounds like they're friends like Team Cha Cha Cha.

I'm psyched and ready for another season. I'd like to try to forget about the last season. It was still fun to watch, but it didn't hold up to the original formula.

·
Not 12 anymore
2,544 Posts
I was just wondering about this the other day.

I saw the thread, and somehow read 9-28-2006, and was wondering why people were saying they were glad we don't have to wait too long. Oops!

·
Hi. What is this?
11,731 Posts
phodg said:
My wife called me this morning and said an attorney at her firm in Chicago is on this season.
WooHoo! Another season with the possibility of inside scoop after each episode!

·
Registered
22,374 Posts
Yea I cancelled my season pass after 2 episodes of the last season. I like the faster pace of going from country to country better than watching a family bicker in their Suburban on the interstate between Knoxville and New Orleans, I could load the car up and have that experience myself over a weekend.

Team Bolt-On should be a good eye candy factor, but I don't think they'll make it far. I will root for team Phish-head (BJ and Tyler). My prediction is that Joseph and Monica will be the train-wreck team this season. They haven't been together too long and Monica appears to be a Southern Belle, and I predict we will constantly see them confessionalizing that they just don't know if each other is "the one." Not trying to be stereotypical, but they seem to fit the profile.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
IMHO Family Edition worked out in the end (still not quite as good as most of the regular seasons), but the early episodes were a little akward.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts