TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had dolby audio problems with the HR10-250 since it was installed on 12/31/05. If you want details of the actual problem: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=279594

They sent a tech out to troubleshoot the problem. He spent 5 minutes out here, heard the problem and said i need a new box. They sent me a replacement (refurb) unit today. The problem is worse than the previous box. I called customer retention asking for a refund of the box as well as cancelling my HD service. He said he'll see what he can do and is supposed to call me back, but he said they do not give refunds once the unit is installed. I think that's total crap since the unit never worked properly since day 1.

I'm tired of trying to troubleshoot the problem. I've wasted over a days worth of time speaking with both non-technical and technical CSRs, not to mention installers and technicians that never show up on time. What should I be entitled to?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. Couple of comments:

1) If it were the cables, how do we explain that the DVD player works fine using the same optical cable. AND the SD dolby broadcast from the HR10-250 works fine as well. It's just the HD dolby broadcasts that have the problem.

2) The refurb box does NOT work. I may end up trying a 3rd box but my hunch tells me that a new HR10-250 is not going to fix it. I'm wondering if Mpeg4 will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.