TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

4,428 Posts
From a quick check, it does seem to work internally. Do you know where I can get more info on this? Connect the phone to the VPN as a proxy and then fire the app?
There may be some threads around here on it. I haven't looked. But connecting your phone or laptop or whatever to the VPN first before running the app is what you would have to do. Some apps like Netflix can detect a VPN and won't work. I didn't know if Tivo app was the same. Sounds like VPN will work. If I get a chance to try it before you do, I'll post my results.

4,428 Posts
Slingbox won't function without an internet connection. There are many ways to accomplish that without ethernet - Moca, Powerline Ethernet, Wireless Access Point. I got my last Moca adapter on Amazon for $10. Access points start around $20. A pair of powerline adapters are more expensive and would be redundant on a Moca system.

4,428 Posts
Mini has built in Moca, so it doesn't need ethernet. Just split the coax to the Mini and to the adapter, then ethernet from the adapter to the Slingbox.

No problem connecting to the main Tivo. Won't interfere with the Mini at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts