TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Slingbox seems to dying slowly. I have to reboot it every couple weeks.

I tried the Tivo stream (Roamio) app but most of my stuff couldn't be streamed because almost everything is flagged. Even ads seem to have flags here.

Is there an alternative to stream my Tivo besides old Slingboxes and Monsoon boxes?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will the app stream flagged content on your LAN? If so, you could try setting up a VPN.
From a quick check, it does seem to work internally. Do you know where I can get more info on this? Connect the phone to the VPN as a proxy and then fire the app?

Which slingbox do you have and what are the symptoms?

Most slingbox problems are either power adapter going bad, bad caps, or bad voltage regulators. The voltage regulators I've only seen on the red slingbox pros.
I have the Solo.

Now that you're saying this it would make sense that the problem is electrical as it usually goes back to work after a plug pull. So I'm going to open it up and look for any swollen caps.

I think I have one of those universal power adapters and I'll check to see if one of the settings matches the OEM adapter, so I can test it if all else fails.

But, but... I really would love to hear that some other company is keeping this concept alive as I gave my sister my real old HAVA box and I can't connect to it anymore. Is the idea dead? Pillow suffocated by big money?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts