TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
You can try Clear Program Information and ToDo List, but honestly if you are still paying annually for service after 10 years, I would go purchase a used Roamio Basic on eBay to move to newer hardware with some great new features - even if you don't pick one up with lifetime and stick with annual payments (we've only purchased lifetime and it's saved a lot of money since 2000!)

Scott

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
I read about thumb ratings slowing down the UI to near dysfunction, it's not useless but seems slower than I remember. I have found various thumb ratings over time and never considered it. I disabled suggestions long ago, but anything I recorded by default got 1 thumb, which adds up over time.
I feel pretty dumb after looking at craigslist after the last few weeks finding I can get a used lifetime Series3 HD for $100 or so. For years I've wished/lamented I bought lifetime service, but I was concerned at the time as to the longevity of the product and realizing value of the investment. Time makes fools of us all.
I haven't seen any issues with thumb ratings in the 9 years with our S3 OLED's and we had Suggestions enabled so not sure I buy into any posts about that causing issues.

I was going to mention a used S3 with lifetime as the prices have really dropped but really at this point you could also get a Premiere with lifetime pretty cheap also which gets you some of the benefits of newer hardware (but not SkipMode which is Roamio or newer). With a used S3, you are bound to have power supply and hard drive issues at some point given the age unless you preemptively repair/replace both.

Are you cable or OTA?

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.