TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
This was my first concern. I was bummed to see the friendly name approach, since it means controlling more than one TiVo would require specifying the TiVo's name in every command:

"Alexa, skip" :)

"Alexa, skip on TiVo Family Room" :(

Ugh. I was hoping the TiVo could be paired with specific echo devices (e.g., if I say "Alexa, skip" in the family room near the dot, then skip on the family room TiVo; if I say the same thing in the master bedroom to the echo spot, then skip on the bedroom's TiVo mini). Unfortunately, reviewing Amazon's API docs, it doesn't look like skills are given any information about which device heard the command... so, TiVo would have no way of knowing where you are when you issue the command. Bummer.

Looks likely we'll only be using this nifty new skill in the family room.
You put the device name in the Alexa skill on your phone

·
Registered
310 Posts
So it says it's activated on my TiVo, but every code I put in to link with Alexa says "Code is either incorrect or expired" ????

Edit: well got it to take the code (rebooted). It was fun to play with, but having it repeat "Tuning to 7 on TEEVOW" after every time I ask to change channel is deal breaker.

Also TV has to be pretty low ( surround sound nono) for tivo to hear my command without shouting.
Hold the A button down for 2 seconds to get it out of speech mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.