TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my Bolt is getting ads again at the beginning of my recordings. I thought I stop them a long time ago but they're back and I can't remember how to stop it. I didn't pay for my lifetime subscription for Tivo to add this crap!

·
TDL shepherd
17,445 Posts
I believe that you need to contact TiVo customer support to request that they be disabled.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recall having to do that before to get them to stop. But I do remember contacting them by phone for other issues was such a pain.

·
Seems Very Friendly
13,292 Posts
I have really had enough with the pre-roll amazon you broke prime BS, Is calling support the only way to get this turned off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Calling is the official way to get them removed. The less official way is to block prod.adgwy.tivo.com on your network. How you block that would depend on your network.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What's their number to call?
It’s on their support website. But better than calling, go to their support website and start a chat session, which you can do while multitasking. Mark sure you have your TiVo model and TSN number for the unit you want the preroll ads removed from.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted Tivo via the chat and boy was it a pain. The first chat session with a rep froze up so I had to start the process all over. Then if you change pages, the chat window resets as well, so then you have to start the chat process over again. Took me like 5 times before I got it all straightened out. So hopefully the ads will be gone on my Bolt in a day or so. But I think it stinks that Tivo brings them back every so often and then you have to do this process again. I never authorized ads nor was I told when I bought my Bolt with the all in service, that I would get ads. One off the selling points of Tivo (at least back in the day), was to be able to skip commercials (ads). And now Tivo purposely throws them at us. I know Tivo isn't the same company, but it still sucks.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I contacted Tivo via the chat and boy was it a pain. The first chat session with a rep froze up so I had to start the process all over. Then if you change pages, the chat window resets as well, so then you have to start the chat process over again. Took me like 5 times before I got it all straightened out. So hopefully the ads will be gone on my Bolt in a day or so. But I think it stinks that Tivo brings them back every so often and then you have to do this process again. I never authorized ads nor was I told when I bought my Bolt with the all in service, that I would get ads. One off the selling points of Tivo (at least back in the day), was to be able to skip commercials (ads). And now Tivo purposely throws them at us. I know Tivo isn't the same company, but it still sucks.
If you have any Bolt other than the Antenna Only model, and you are willing to lose all of your recordings and settings, and factory reset, you can downgrade to TE3 (TiVo Experience 3, Version 20.xx) which has no pre-roll ads. Again, the Bolt OTA Only model TCD849500 can NOT be downgraded to TE3.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have any Bolt other than the Antenna Only model, and you are willing to lose all of your recordings and settings, and factory reset, you can downgrade to TE3 (TiVo Experience 3, Version 20.xx) which has no pre-roll ads. Again, the Bolt OTA Only model TCD849500 can NOT be downgraded to TE3.
My Bolt is the OTA version and even if I could downgrade to TE3 I wouldn't want to. I hated TE4 at first but now I'm used to it. But thanks!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As of today I'm still getting the ads on my Bolt. But yes it's a big deal and I know about how to get past them when they start, I just don't want the annoyance of them. I didn't give Tivo my approval for them when I bought my Bolt and service.

·
Registered
427 Posts
As of today I'm still getting the ads on my Bolt. But yes it's a big deal and I know about how to get past them when they start, I just don't want the annoyance of them. I didn't give Tivo my approval for them when I bought my Bolt and service.
I had my adds removed successfully through email with TiVo… were gone within 24 hours. Maybe that’s worth a try. I agree… we didn’t sign up for adds so they shouldn’t be there! They are very annoying!!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had my adds removed successfully through email with TiVo… were gone within 24 hours. Maybe that’s worth a try. I agree… we didn’t sign up for adds so they shouldn’t be there! They are very annoying!!
Guess you didn't read the thread above where I said I contacted Tivo chat and asked them to remove the ads and they said they'd be gone within a few days. But I did that a few years ago too, and the ads just came back a while later. If Tivo wants to do ads then maybe they should do then on boxes that have the monthly service, so buy an all in service without ads is an incentive.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Guess you didn't read the thread above where I said I contacted Tivo chat and asked them to remove the ads and they said they'd be gone within a few days. But I did that a few years ago too, and the ads just came back a while later. If Tivo wants to do ads then maybe they should do then on boxes that have the monthly service, so buy an all in service without ads is an incentive.
Just to clarify…I didn’t use the chat … I emailed and received a case number and a reply with a date for removing the adds. Adds were removed on the date they specified!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts