TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
TDL shepherd
17,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll assume everyone's either familiar with QuickMode and SPS codes or can get up to speed via existing resources, as I just want to jot a quick post highlighting new info (to me) posted by @TiVo_Ted over in today's Facebook Live thread, which is...

You can adjust the QuickMode playback speed from the default of 1.3x to any rate from 1.1x to 1.9x, using the following SPS code sequence:

Select-Play-Select-7-{boost}-Select

Just replace "{boost}" with whatever speed boost you're looking for, understanding that the digit range is 1-9, mapping to the 1.1x-1.9x QuickMode speed range.

Also, newer remotes use 'OK' in place of 'Select'.

I've yet to test whether a reboot resets playback to the 1.3x default rate.

--
Ted's original comment:
I'm hoping for a 1.5x speed quickmode, lol.
OK - PLAY - OK - 7 - 5 - OK
I think it will reset to the default on reboot. Or, you can change the 7 - 5 to anything from 7 - 1 (1.1x) to 7 - 9 (1.9x). Change it to 7 - 3 to go back to normal.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I'll assume everyone's either familiar with QuickPlay and SPS codes or can get up to speed via existing resources, as I just want to jot a quick post highlighting new info (to me) posted by @TiVo_Ted over in today's Facebook Live thread, which is...

You can adjust the QuickPlay playback speed from the default of 1.3x to any rate from 1.1x to 1.9x, using the following SPS code sequence:

Select-Play-Select-7-{boost}-Select

Just replace "{boost}" with whatever speed boost you're looking for, understanding that the digit range is 1-9, mapping to the 1.1x-1.9x QuickPlay speed range.

Also, newer remotes use 'OK' in place of 'Select'.

I've yet to test whether a reboot resets playback to the 1.3x default rate.

--
Ted's original comment:

Point of order, I'm pretty sure it's called "QuickMode" not "QuickPlay".

·
TDL shepherd
17,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Just the facts ma'am
11,107 Posts
Is this for TE4 only?

·
TDL shepherd
17,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agree - & a nice touch that wasn't mentioned...you get an OSD that confirms what QP rate you just entered ;) (at least I did on my Roamio w/TE3)
Quite true. (Both that it is displayed and that it wasn't mentioned, at least not in this thread.)

As you said, a confirmation dialog briefly pops up for any change to the QuickMode rate via the SPS sequence.

Example:

Cartoon Gesture Art Technology Display device

p.s. And after double-checking the screenshot and seeing "Fast Play," I feel semi-absolved of my sin of having referred to the feature as "QuickPlay."

·
TDL shepherd
17,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just did a test on my TE3 Mini and the QuickMode rate appears to have reset to the default after rebooting the Mini.

Also, in the testing I’ve done, the QuickMode rate appears to be unique to the box. (i.e. Unlike some other settings, the Mini and host DVR QuickMode rate settings are not linked.)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.