TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of hassle & read I have finally upgraded my Hard drive to bigger HD using hinsdale guide, now I would like to enable USB, so I can install my USB wirelsss card instead of phone line, can some one guide me in the right direction.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
dragonslayer said:
http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html

I've couple questions, I have the toolCD, tivotool.tar & superpath, since I dont own a PTV Boot CD, where can I find the VMLINUX_.GZ & the other 1 is 000001, where can I get this 2 files.

Thanks in advance for the great help.
that site explains STEP BY STEP, what you need, where to go to find what you need and what to do after gathering all that you need, try reading the site from top to bottom again, it's all there for you :up: :up: :up:

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
dragonslayer said:
http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html

I've couple questions, I have the toolCD, tivotool.tar & superpath, since I dont own a PTV Boot CD, where can I find the VMLINUX_.GZ & the other 1 is 000001, where can I get this 2 files.

Thanks in advance for the great help.
Pay the $5. It's well worth it.

The 000001 file is your backed up hard drive image.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have read that a 1000 times and still I will be missing couple files which is

VMLINUX_.GZ (PTV BOOT CD) & 000001 ( from instantcake CD) which I dont have.

I just need to find out is there a way to download this 2 files without paying.

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
dragonslayer said:

You most likely will not find the VMILINUX file as I have read that the folks at PTVUpgrade had to pay the creator for the rights to distribute it. Come on, it's only $5. :rolleyes:

As I stated before, the 000001 file is the Tivo image file and it can be yours for FREE. Just back it up using the LBA48 CD from PTVUpgrade. You could pay $20 for it if you wanted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took your advice "tracy RainH2o" I bought the PTV upgrade boot cd for $20 what the heck, I'm following directions.......Hopefully I'll be able enable USB & run network.

Thanks is advance for all the help guys.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
dragonslayer said:

you didn't ask about downloading the files w/o paying for them in you post above but Tracy answered your question correctly :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.