TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please direct me to a place where I can learn to activate the USB ports on my DirecTivo? I don't want one of those programs that does it automatically, and I don't want to use one of those instant cake things. I am very interested in how this works and I am willing to read or learn whatever I have to. I just need to be directed in the correct direction.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Good luck!

:D

·
Lost in Big Bend
2,450 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to 'reinvent the wheel', when someone has already done all the work and created the 'zipper' to automate the process of turning on the USB ports on a DTivo.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
What unit is your Directv/Tivo unit exactly?

If its the R10, then you are out of luck unless you do a Hardware mod.

·
Proud Computer Geek
1,516 Posts
Some of us do like to actually see what is being done and how. It also goes to being able to figure out any problems that come up later. The OP stated: "I don't want to use one of those instant cake things. I am very interested in how this works.... "

·
Dumb Blond
45,313 Posts
Dkerr24 said:
Not sure why you'd want to 'reinvent the wheel', when someone has already done all the work and created the 'zipper' to automate the process of turning on the USB ports on a DTivo.
Note that "someone" (several someones, actually) did the work of developing the techniques to network-enable the DTiVos. Someone else then built Zipper to mindlessly automate the process based on the work of others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts