TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Account Status 12 : Demo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on what this means, I seem to have all the features and it is not requiring me to subscribe

Dave

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It means it was given to a store such as Best Buy to use as a demo machine. In that state it does not required a subscription. Others on the board have reported getting these over the years. Some keep their subscriptions indefinitely and some change back to requiring a subscription after some time. AFAIK it all depends on if TiVo figures out that it is no longer a demo unit (e.g. the store tells them they have sold it, etc). For now I would just say to enjoy your find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LifeIsABeach said:
It means it was given to a store such as Best Buy to use as a demo machine. In that state it does not required a subscription. Others on the board have reported getting these over the years. Some keep their subscriptions indefinitely and some change back to requiring a subscription after some time. AFAIK it all depends on if TiVo figures out that it is no longer a demo unit (e.g. the store tells them they have sold it, etc). For now I would just say to enjoy your find.
Thanks for the info, I was all gung ho to subscribe, I may still sub. so i can schedule recording online.. but now I may wait a while.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just thought I would pop on to say it is still up and running....

Now here is my dilema, I will be working out of town for a while and some of the tivo2go functionality looks very cool..

What would the consensus be? is it worth the sub price for that alone?

·
Go Pats
46,436 Posts
davecanada said:
Just thought I would pop on to say it is still up and running....

Now here is my dilema, I will be working out of town for a while and some of the tivo2go functionality looks very cool..

What would the consensus be? is it worth the sub price for that alone?
if i was in your boat, i would almost buy a 2nd tivo and use that for ttg :)

then you get 2 tivo's for the price of one, and get ttg for shows you want

then you can always just not sub the demo box if it gets turned off

·
TMBG Fan
1,051 Posts
Maybe the Demo boxes don't offer a MAK, since they wouldn't need it at a retail shelf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts